While serving here, you meet some very cool people! So I wanted to take this time to introduce you to them!
1. Keenan: There is a man in our ward who has helped make Man of Steel, Harry Potter, Avatar, and so forth. He is a super cool guy and he shows us clips in movies where they always use him as an extra.
2. Herbert West: We recently found out that Mr. West used to be the badest Gangster in London. He is in our ward as well. He lost his leg in war but when he had his leg he stood at 6 feet and 5 inches. He is from Antiga. He now moves his way around London in his wheel chair and people are still affraid of him and his power haha. The other missionaries went to go buy some fruit for him and the men selling the fruit asked who are you buying this for? Soon the missionaries told them it was Herebert. "Herbert West?" The missionaries nodded their head. As soon as they did this the other men went crazy and asked how we knew Herbert. They then told us that 20 years ago he owned the streets and that he was loaded with money. They were shocked. We then asked Herbert at church what that was about and he said "Everyone has a past. Lets not talk about it." Haha Crazy man.
3. Mr. Obi: I met a man 2 weeks ago that owns a international oil company. He was quite wealthy....
4. Mary: Mary is a sweet little Sri Lankan woman from our ward and she revealed to us that her sister is married to the President in Sri Lanka! Her sister is Mormon too.
5. Kurt: One of the Arsenal Coaches. We eat at their house every Sunday night.
6. Mehdi: This man lived in Iran and as he grew up he started to believe in Jesus Christ. That is a big no no in Iran. So he was almost killed. He fled the country in his late teens and is now one of the best cocktail artists in London. He is trying to stop drinking though. The Irony.
7. Henrike: Henrike is going to be a friend of mine even after my mission. She has back packed across America, has learned 4 or more languages including sign language, has like 5 masters degreees, her Dad has been the doctor for the last 2-3 Popes, and she is the nicest and most sincere woman I have ever met. She is from Germany and helps me with my German. She now practices Chinese Medicine and has a job oportunity to be the doctor for the Red Bull Pilots in Austria. She has done it all. She is so amazing.
There are some amazing people in this world! And I have met all of these people by the same method. Opening my mouth. When you open you mouth to talk to people around or just in the que (line) at the grocery store, you will meet some amazing people. Everyone has a story. Everyone has had cool experiences. We are all brothers and sisters so lets get to know one another. This week lets try something. Talk to random people while doing your daily business. I promise you will meet some great people and you will also meet some wacko's too. Wacko's make for good stories. I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving this past week. Now let the Christmas festivites commence! Have a great week! I love you all!
Oh and here is me on a rope swing.