Alma 37:6-7

Alma 37:6-7
Now ye may suppose that this is foolishness in me; but behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass; and small means in many instances doth confound the wise.

And the Lord God doth work by means to bring about his great and eternal purposes; and by very small means the Lord doth confound the wise and bringeth about the salvation of many souls.


.

Monday, April 28, 2014

New Companion!

Getting a new companion is quite the experience. On Wednesday we had to wake up at 4 in the morning to drive all the way down to London and wait for all the other missionaries to meet us at the Euston Train Station. The traffic was terrible and after driving there and back I felt like I was stuck in a permanent position with my hands clenched to the steering wheel and knees not wanting to unfold. This Thursday we have to drive back down for our Mission Leadership Conference and I am not excited to drive for that either. My companion is from the north of Brazil. Elder Piedade is his name. The last d is pronounced like a G. It takes a few times to get it just right.

On Saturday we baptised Yohanna! It was so great and he was really excited. He didn't expect so many people to come and support him and his decision. He pulled me aside before the program began and said, "Are all these people here for me?"  He was confirmed a member on Sunday. More people came to congratulate him and he was loving it. 

Sunday afternoon we drove 45 minutes to the north of our area to go to the monthly sacrament meeting for the elderly. This sacrament meeting is held at one of the members homes and those who can not travel all the way down to Norwich meet here once a month for a special service. Bishop invited me to give a talk and it was a really good experience. Only 8 people were gathered in that home but the spirit was as strong as ever. One woman was so excited to see us because she had someone she wanted us to go visit and teach. We will be stopping by this persons home this week. 

Last week we also received a referral saying we should go visit this person. We show up to the home and the woman was pleased we had came. To our surprise we walk in and meet her husband and 8 boys! Big big family. They are wanting to come to church and we will be seeing them this Friday to watch The Restoration with them. 

This week our Bishop has felt that we need not forget about General Conference. We are asked prior to Conference to prepare spiritually for the messages that will be given and to apply them in our lives. We then spend 10 hours watching or listening to these talks given the Prophet and Apostles. Have you remembered everything that was said? I definitely can't.  Read, listen, or watch these talks again. Our hearts need to change everyday As we prayerfully study AND APPLY these talks you will change for the better. Frequently ask yourself "What did I do better than yesterday?" or "Since Conference what changes have I made in my life?" Do it as a family in fact. 

I am thankful for my mission. I really am. I have a lot to learn and many things I need to change and be better at. Everyday I feel like my "Things to Improve" list keeps on growing which is not the most fun thing to watch grow but I am thankful that perfection does not come in this life. If it did, I would be in some big trouble. 

Have a wonderful week and speak to all of you soon. 

Love,
Elder David

No comments:

Post a Comment