Alma 37:6-7

Alma 37:6-7
Now ye may suppose that this is foolishness in me; but behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass; and small means in many instances doth confound the wise.

And the Lord God doth work by means to bring about his great and eternal purposes; and by very small means the Lord doth confound the wise and bringeth about the salvation of many souls.


.

Saturday, May 16, 2015

I Love Me Some Roast Dinner

Last Monday Sister Jordan invited Elder Nolan and I over for her first ever roast dinner. A roast dinner is equivalent to what we usually have for thanksgiving but with a few differences. It is soooo good. She got a ten out of ten. I will send a photo of it. I think it is partially because my companion is English.
On Tuesday we had a mission leadership conference. Every District Leader, Zone Leader and Sister Training Leader came in and we were able to train them on things that can help them lead more like the saviour. The purpose of leadership is not to attract more followers but to create more leaders. That is what the saviour did. He tutored
the young and immature Peter to the Peter that led the church after Christ ascended to heaven.
On Wednesday I went back up to Norwich in an exchange with the ZL there and we taught the most amazing family. In my life I have had little moments that have strengthened my testimony in The Book of Mormon. But in that lesson while explaining the Book of Mormon and bearing testimony of it, I had a very clear and powerful testimony of its truthfulness.  I know that book is from God. The family we taught is now preparing to be baptised next month.
The next day I went to London North on another exchange. This time I was with Elder Darrington and Elder Mortensen in a trio. These two fellows are my flat mates when I go to USU. They are great and we spent the whole day in the rain talking to people. It was awesome.
London rain does not mess around. It pours.
Friday I was finally back in the area and we spent the majority of the day preparing for Zone Conference next week. This is where things are getting crazy!

I have a few photos to send so I will send those through.
Have a great week and talk to you in a week!!




No comments:

Post a Comment