Alma 37:6-7

Alma 37:6-7
Now ye may suppose that this is foolishness in me; but behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass; and small means in many instances doth confound the wise.

And the Lord God doth work by means to bring about his great and eternal purposes; and by very small means the Lord doth confound the wise and bringeth about the salvation of many souls.


.

Monday, November 18, 2013

Things That Annoy Me



Y'alright Mates?

We had another fantastic week! Things are looking up for London North! But by my subject I thought I would talk about funny things that annoy me while on my mission. So sit back and enjoy!

1. Jehovah Witnesses
In London there is quite a big population of Jehovah Witnesses. They are everywhere and they do missionary work just like us. Except people hate them. They knock on peoples doors and instead of inviting people to learn more, they smash people with words trying for force them to believe. They really like to "Bible bash." So people sometimes confuse us because we always go in two's and dress nice. And when they do, that annoys me. 

2. Drunk Homeless People Who Ruin Lessons
When ever we are talking with someone on the street, in a park, or on a bus, it seems like every drunk homeless person in London is attracted to us. They always come and ruin lessons! Satan himself  possess these demon people to make them run away. That annoys me. 

3. Immodest Woman
London is the fashion capital of the world. And the latest fashion seems to have less fabric. Even in winter! To any girl reading this; please dress modest for us men. It holds us to a higher standard. When the weekend comes, the girls here think they must dress in a way that attracts the scum of the street. I really wish that the latest fashion was modest. But because it isn't, that annoys me. 

4. Immodest Drunk Woman
Need I say more. 

5. Marriage and Children in London
This Sunday at church I found out that in many business environments, parents do not mention they have children. They feel like they are ashamed of being a parent! Crazy right?! The Elders Quorum President has a picture on his computer at work of his new born son and when he was alone in the break room another man came up and whispered to him that he has children too. After the conversation the man said not to tell anybody then walked away. It really shocked me. The culture here is weird especially comes to marriage and children. No one gets married. Everyone is just partners. STUPID! Yeah, that annoys me. 

6. Secular England 
People hate talking about God here. We wear a suit everyday and people think we are high up business men... until they see the name tag and all of a sudden we transform to side walk cleaning garbage men. That annoys me. 

7. The Soda
I love Dr. Pepper. I love it. And here Dr. Pepper is rubbish! All the soda's are rubbish. They are really watered down. After a really long day I want to wind down with a nice cold American Dr. Pepper. But they can not be found! That annoys me. 

8. Toilets (restrooms)
So in America there are toilets (restrooms) everywhere. Every shop, restaraunt, and petrol station (gas station) has one. But here it is the opposite! If you want to use the toilet you knock on a random door and ask. I will never do that but that is what some people do. I wish there were more toilets. That annoys me. 

9. Traffic
London is busy. There is always traffic and we have place to go and people to see. Traffic annoys me. 

10. I got nothing else

I love London but with every place has its downs. This email was not serious so do not take it like I am miserable and am annoyed with everything haha. It is quite the opposite.  Here are just a few that I have picked up on. One thing that I am loving though is how London looks during Christmas! Everywhere is being decorated and it is fantastic. I am going to attach some pictures of the things I see day to day during this Christmas season. Have a great week and just try to smile. Attitude changes everything. Make the annoying things turn into funny things. It is possible. 

Oh also this past Saturday, the Hyde Park Stake had culture night!! Since our stake consists of people from over 115 different countries in the world, everyone brought a dish and a booth for their own country. It was so much fun. There were performances from every culture. I loved it! I will attach some pictures of that as well. 

Love,
Elder David














No comments:

Post a Comment