Alma 37:6-7

Alma 37:6-7
Now ye may suppose that this is foolishness in me; but behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass; and small means in many instances doth confound the wise.

And the Lord God doth work by means to bring about his great and eternal purposes; and by very small means the Lord doth confound the wise and bringeth about the salvation of many souls.


.

Monday, January 20, 2014

Ferrari's and the Spirit!

I hope you have all had a great week! Sorry about last week and not being able to get the letter out by Monday but President Jordan extended the deadline for me. 

So Elder Adriano and I live right by the Gloucester Road Tube Station and it is a posh area. For instance everyday when we walk to go to the Church we pass 2 Ferrari's, 3 Aston Martins, 2 Maserati's, 3 Bentley's and of course the most amazing Rolls Royce. It is a fun walk. So we like to stop people and talk about the cars then turn it into a gospel discussion. Everyone, well mostly guys, like to talk about cars so it works really well. On Thursday morning we walking to the chapel to go meet someone there and while walking we saw this father and son walking with down the road. The son looked to be about 4 or 5 and was just having a good walk and then all of a sudden he paused to behold the most buttery looking Ferrari you have ever seen. It is red and had just been waxed. It is parked so delicately, and there, the race car, just sits in the street. It surprised me, seeing how old the boy was, that he would recognize and appreciate such a car. The father at the moment was looking down at his I phone and did not even see it at first until the kid tugged a daddy. It was so amazing to see. Young boys love cars just as much as old men. As I saw this I began to ponder how smart children really are. They are sponges when concerning knowledge. The rising generation knows how to work with Ipad better than those who can even afford them. For instance, last time I was with my little cousin Blue in California and I just sat there watching him navigate from one game to another and play the different games. It just shocked me. Kids are so smart and can recognize small things. Even the Spirit. 

As Jesus taught in the Bible He proclaims, ..."Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the Kingdom of Heaven." Children are pure and perfect and have the intelligence to discern the Spirit if they are able to recognize the beauty of cars. I began thinking that if we teach children how to feel and recognize the spirit then they will be able to be like the little boy who pointed out the Ferrari. I am sure that at some point his father pointed out that car to him once before and now the second time the son was able to point it out for the father in return. In Galatians 5:22-23 it reads, " But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, long suffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,Meekness,temperance: against such there is not law." This explains what and how we may feel the Spirit. When Christ was talking with Apostles, telling them that he would soon be killed, he gave them this comfort. "But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name. He shall teach you all things and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you." The Comforter, or the Spirit, is here to guide us, warn us, help us and be there so we may not feel lost or alone. This promise is only to those who invited the Holy Ghost into there live. Some say to me that they do not feel the Spirit. We then talk about their daily habits. Then it becomes obvious why. We must strive to be worthy of the Spirit and we must always teach our little ones from a young age what that feels like and how they may point it out when we are "looking down at our Iphones." 

I would send off some more  pictures next time but I forgot to charge the battery so here are a few.... Oops. I will talk to you all on Saturday. I am switching my P- Day to saturday so I can go see Wicked! WOO HOO! It will be a good birthday! 19 here I come!! I can not believe it. Have a great week!

Love,
Elder David



No comments:

Post a Comment