Alma 37:6-7

Alma 37:6-7
Now ye may suppose that this is foolishness in me; but behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass; and small means in many instances doth confound the wise.

And the Lord God doth work by means to bring about his great and eternal purposes; and by very small means the Lord doth confound the wise and bringeth about the salvation of many souls.


.

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year! 2014 Woo!

Happy New Year!! 

This past week has been one of the most fun times on my mission. Being in Central London is amazing and even more crazy then where I have been the past 6 months. Especially between Christmas and New Years. 

I now live in a flat on Gloucester Road. The most expensive flat in the mission because of the location. Our next door neighbour's have Ferrari's, Mercedes, Lambo's and so forth. We just have our side bags and our shoes and that's how we get around haha. And I am the only native English speaker in the flat!! It is so funny to listen to everyone's broken English. My companion is from Portugal and the other two Elders (the assistants to President) are from Italy and Spain. I am surrounded by culture 24/7! it is so great. 

Last Thursday night when I was still in London North, Henrike had all the Elders over to watch Elf and to burn her doctors coat and my 6 month tie. Sounds funny right now but let me explain. So it was boxing day that day and we can also watch movies. Henrike has been a doctor for 26+ years now and she has finally decided to give it up and so she wanted to do that by burning her doctors jacket. So who does she call to assist her? 18-20 year old young men. Of course. So we told her we would assist her. On that day it happened to be my 6 months out on my mission so tradition is burning one tie. I was not thinking I was going to do it but it was the perfect time to do so. So we had a burning party. I will attach some pictures of how it went. 

Last night was New Years Eve and so we received instruction to be home by 7 to avoid the drunk craziness of London. And let me say 7 was even too late. Elder Adriano and I were about to get on the tube and as we step on we then find ourselves in the London Zoo. Everyone on that tube was dressed as some animal. Lions, Tigers, and Bears oh my. Some even brought their pets from home. Frogs, cats, dogs, birds. You name it and it was there. And to add they were all sipping on their alcoholic beverages. At the next station we had to switch to get on the district line and to our suprise on the next car it got even worse. People were just partying away on the tube and no one cared who was watching. It was ridiculous. Elder Adriano and I soon made it home safe and it was a quite night in. Our plan was to set our alarm for 11:55 and wake up so we could do a countdown into the new year on the roof (we have access to the roof from our flat). So we set the alarm and went to bed. I then woke up at 6:29 this morning so bummed that I missed the countdown. Then Elder Adriano said to me, "Man last night at midnight it was so loud! Everyone was screaming, there were fireworks for like half an hour and the city was literally shaking!" I then began to ask him in a very loud voice, "Why did you not wake me up!?!?" He then explained what happened, "Man I did! I woke up at 11:55 hearing the alarm and went to go shake you to get up. You then began to tell me to go back to bed and that you were way to tired. Within like 30 seconds of you saying that to me you began to snore like I have never heard before." I was absolutely shocked! I was so mad at myself because I know it is true. I am sometimes so tired in the mornings when I wake up that I subconsciously turn off the alarm and go to sleep. I hate not being able to control myself when I am tired!  So New Years Eve was less then exciting this year for me haha. I missed New Years while serving in the heart of London. I will never live that one down. 

Earlier this week one of the members of the Ward invited us over for dinner and as we got to his home we found out that he lives on Abbey Road! That same Cross walk where the Beatles took their album cover photo! So of course we did the same. While taking pictures we met two young woman from BYU. They were visiting for the Holidays and wanted us to take their picture as well. In exchange they took ours and said they would send them to us (since they had really nice cameras) they still have not sent them but I will send you them when I get them. So here are some pictures! Enjoy!

Have a Happy New Year and may all your wildest dreams come true. 

Love,
Elder David

Picture 1: Elder Hein and I. I lived with this fellow for 6 months! This picture is taken from Suicide Bridge. Nice name right? 

Picture 2: We found a Adam and Eve London Borough.  
 







Here Is the Burning Party!! 








No comments:

Post a Comment