Alma 37:6-7

Alma 37:6-7
Now ye may suppose that this is foolishness in me; but behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass; and small means in many instances doth confound the wise.

And the Lord God doth work by means to bring about his great and eternal purposes; and by very small means the Lord doth confound the wise and bringeth about the salvation of many souls.


.

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Moves Calls Night

Hello Everyone!! So I know you all are waiting in suspense to hear the results of what is happening next..... IIIIIIIIIII AAMMM STAYING! I will be staying in Hyde Park but Elder Jensen is unfortunately leaving. I am really sad about this but he will do well in St. Albans as the Zone Leader there. My new companion is Elder Torgensen. I don't know anything about his but this is his first transfer as being a Zone Leader. We have good things happening so I feel like it will be a good 6 weeks.

I have seen throughout my mission that as soon as you get comfortable the Lord puts your life in the shaker you use to play Boggle. A two year mission, I believe, ends at 2 years because that is when you feel comfortable with what you are doing and you feel you have figured it out. Elder Jensen and I were doing really well and just got on. Hence why we are now separated and moving on.
This is my 5th straight transfer in a row with a different companion! I am scaring them away!! Change is starting to be my sir name. So maybe this one will break that streak!! Who knows. 

Conference was pretty great. I don't know if it is the same for you but I feel like conference is like watching a national championship game..... Yep I am a missionary. Please excuse my weirdness when I come home haha. But the talks were great and as always you could sense the themes that were given. These are the themes that stuck out to me.
1. Developing your own testimony 
2. The Law of The Fast and Fast Offerings
3. Following and Sustaining the Prophet
4. The Sacrament

It was a great conference. We had a few of our investigators come and they really enjoyed it as well! This last week we had many meetings. 1 every single day so not to much to report back to you on. Moses is doing well and has received the priesthood now! It was good to see that. Also at General Conference there were so many members who were from the London North Ward that I got to see. I saw Lawrence again (the man I met at the bus stop a year ago) and he is still strong in the church. So good to see. I love this work!! 

Listen to Elder Bednar's talk on Missionary Work again! I loved it. Pay attention on how he describes how the members and missionaries work together. Go share this awesome gospel. We don't do it out of obligation. We share it because we want others to feel the happiness we have experienced in our lives. I love you all and will share more next week. Today we will go cite seeing so I will attach the pictures next week!!
Elder Talan Haynes David
England London Mission
64-68 Princes Gate
Exhibition Road,
South Kensington
London, England SW7 2PA

 


Surprise

 Actually I do have some pictures to send....
1. Christmas lights are already being put up in London. This is what happens when you don't have a good Halloween and when you don't celebrate Thanksgiving. Skip right to Christmas.
2. Most delicious Chinese food in South K. Chopstix
3. 2 Sisters will be going home tomorrow so we help a funeral for them after Zone Meeting. Peace be upon them.




No comments:

Post a Comment