Alma 37:6-7

Alma 37:6-7
Now ye may suppose that this is foolishness in me; but behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass; and small means in many instances doth confound the wise.

And the Lord God doth work by means to bring about his great and eternal purposes; and by very small means the Lord doth confound the wise and bringeth about the salvation of many souls.


.

Monday, October 13, 2014

The Band is Back

The Band Started up again to start practicing for Christmas coming up. It was so great to have everyone back. The same group that was there last year minus a select few who have returned home. So weird. It brought back to many great memories. My favourite song is Some Children See Him. I love that song so much! I feel like my music skills have improved since being on a mission. Which logically does not make sense but I see it as a blessing. This last week was really busy with Moves and making sure everyone got settled in. We had a baptism on Sunday for our investigator Joseph! He is such a sweet man and will be getting the priesthood in the coming weeks. He has read all the way to Alma in the Book of Mormon and retells it like he has been reading his whole life. Impressive. 

This coming week we have a mission conference with a seventy who will be coming! It will be on Thursday and I am really excited about it! Halloween is coming up and inside the Hyde Park Chapel there will be the classic Phantom of the Opera silent film with the massive Organ accompanying it! So many good things are happening here. 

I am enjoying my new companion and he is really laid back. We get on well. I have gotten the hang of changing from companion to companion and I think I found the key to success. COMMUNICATION! When you talk more the better things go. It is so simple but now I know it is a true principle. It is sometimes not the best to hide what you are feeling and not express it. But when you council and just talk openly things work out. So my advice to you is communicate. Life just is better when you do. Whether that is with a husband/wife, brother/sister, or even a co-worker, talk it out. 

Love you all and talk to you in 168 hours!

Elder David


Elder Talan Haynes David
England London Mission
64-68 Princes Gate
Exhibition Road,
South Kensington
London, England SW7 2PA




No comments:

Post a Comment