Alma 37:6-7

Alma 37:6-7
Now ye may suppose that this is foolishness in me; but behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass; and small means in many instances doth confound the wise.

And the Lord God doth work by means to bring about his great and eternal purposes; and by very small means the Lord doth confound the wise and bringeth about the salvation of many souls.


.

Monday, November 24, 2014

Free Dinner?

Four weeks ago Elder Torgesen and I were walking down Exhibition Road to the Chapel one night and next to us we see a Chinese girl and boy walking together in the same direction. I have been practicing my Chinese and wanted to practice with them so we edge over to walk closer to them and then I say," Nee shu jung gua ran ma?" Which means, "Are you Chinese people?" They looked shocked at some white kid speaking to them in Chinese. They respond in english with a yes! Then again in Chinese,"Wua da minztu Zhao David Jung lau. Wu shu Mormon Zhao da tranzyow shu!" They finally realize I am speaking there language and then start speaking to me in fluent chinese. Then I had to tell them no more Chinese. English please.  We start having a good conversation and walk by the church and I invited them in but they weren't too interested. But we before we parted ways we just told them that every Thursday night there is a free dinner that they are welcome to come to. 

Thursday rolls around and guess who actually shows up. MANSON! The Chinese guy I met a few days prior. He met with the Missionaries in the YSA ward and just yesterday he was baptised! It was so cool to see that a simple invitation to come and see makes all the difference! it really does! 

Next week Malou is getting baptised though! She is from the Phillipines and is so amazing. She has been found by 3 different missionaries and invited to church by a member and she came. Sometimes it God just makes sure that you run into the right people more than once. She referred her family that are in the Phillipines as well. I will send you pictures of her baptism next Monday. 

Tomorrow Elder Cook from the Quorum of the 12 Apostles will be coming to speak to our mission tomorrow and we will be singing him a song as well. It should be a really great day. And of course I will include more info on what the meeting was like next week! I love you all and hope you have a great week.

Love,
Elder David






No comments:

Post a Comment