Alma 37:6-7

Alma 37:6-7
Now ye may suppose that this is foolishness in me; but behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass; and small means in many instances doth confound the wise.

And the Lord God doth work by means to bring about his great and eternal purposes; and by very small means the Lord doth confound the wise and bringeth about the salvation of many souls.


.

Monday, November 17, 2014

I'm Sorry Cake

So last Monday we had a crazy P-day. Just singing. All. day. long. And I lost my planner. I don't lose many things while on my mission which is suprising because back home Dad would always say,"You would lose your head if it wasn't already attached to your body." But everyone loses something sometimes, right? This me trying to console myself. But after singing we went to go email and in the middle of emailing all of you, we receive a call from our Ward Mission Leader asking, "Are you guys close?" We then remember with deepening sadness and regret that we were supposed to go to his house for dinnner..... The only explanation of how I felt is recorded in the Book of Mormon, "But I was racked with eternal torment, for my soul was harrowed up to the greatest degree and racked with all my sins." We felt so bad and it ruined the night. I have never hosed a member. And I will never again. So to try and make things right. We decided that the only thing we could do that would pay them back would be to "bake them a cake of somefing"(Napoleon Dynamite.) So we did. I baked my first cake. We were nervous to give it to them because this was our first cake we baked. We knock on the door and sing "Apologize" on the front step. They let us in and we eat the cake together. IT WAS DELICIOUS! So of course they forgave us. Oh and to top it off we printed out the saddest pouting puppy face picture we could find. It would be one of the pictures you see on the Sarah McLaughlin commercials. So sad. "Girls like guys with Skills. Numb chuck skills, karote skills, cake baking skills." (Napoleon Dynamite) I quote this movie to much lately but my companion is literally the funniest man I have ever met in my life. He would play a better Napoleon. He even did the dance in the 5th grade for a school talent show. He means business. 

By the way we are both staying together for another transfer!! Christmas in Central London Round 2!! All the things are getting decorated here and it looks beautiful! 

This week we had another Filipino party! In the course of 5 minutes we sang "Happy Birthday" 6 times. They could not get enough of it! 

Elder Quintin L Cook will be coming to visit our mission and speak to us next week which will be great! I am really excited for it. We are singing a song for him a song called "Come Unto Christ." 

Well this is all for the week. I love you all and hope you have a great week! 

Love,
Elder David

No comments:

Post a Comment