Alma 37:6-7

Alma 37:6-7
Now ye may suppose that this is foolishness in me; but behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass; and small means in many instances doth confound the wise.

And the Lord God doth work by means to bring about his great and eternal purposes; and by very small means the Lord doth confound the wise and bringeth about the salvation of many souls.


.

Monday, September 16, 2013

Good ol' London

Hello Everyone!!!

This week is the first week of London weather I have experienced. It has rained the last 4 days and has been pretty chilly. I really enjoy the weather if I am able to sit inside and watch a movie but as missionaries, that doesn't happen. We are outside whether it is rain or shine. It is actually fun coming back to the flat just soaked. It shows that we were working hard.

So I don't know if I have told you about Henrike yet. But Henrike is one of our investigators and she is from Berlin, Germany. She is the smartest person I have ever met and remembers literally everything that comes out of the human mouth. She uses her smarts for good by being a Doctor. She actually comes from a long line of Doctors. Last week she told us that her dad was the personal doctor for the last three popes...... crazy right?! She is so great and loves learning about the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Her favorite part is that families can be together forever. Her husband passed away and so this means a great deal to her that she will see him again. So if you could just include her in your prayers that she will find her answer if she needs to get baptised that would be great.

I have heard that all of you back home thought I would have lost fairly quick in this Vegan Competition. But guess what, ye who have little faith?! I WON!! I lasted the longest (5 days) and am back to being normal. It really wasn't that hard. The hardest part is just not losing on accident.

But this morning we did something worse. The zone leaders came over to our flat for P-day and they brought some peppers. Not just any peppers, but Scotch Bonnet Peppers. Lets just say if you want to get a tiny microscopic understanding on how The Atonement felt, eat one of these peppers. My mouth, my nose, and my eyes were watering uncontrollably for a good hour.My insides rapidly began to melt as the pepper began to disintegrate all the organs it passed by while traveling to the pit of my stomach. Everyone did it together. Try to imagine 6 missionaries crying uncontrollably from a pepper they stupidly decided to eat. These peppers are a hundred times more spicy than the hottest wing at Buffalo Wild Wings. Never again will I ever have one of these. Never.

I love you all and hope that everything is going well for you at home. I read this scripture this last week and it really has helped me. This is a scripture that will help you understand how to be more successful in what ever you are trying to accomplish. It is in the Book of Mormon in 2 Nephi 32:9 saying "But behold, I say into you that ye must pray always, and not faint; that ye must not perform any thing unto the Lord save in the first place ye shall pray unto the Father in the name of Christ, that he will consecrate thy performance unto thee, that thy performance may be for the welfare of thy soul." Remember to pray always. God will help you and bless you. Just ask for those blessings. I know that these things are true and that our Heavenly Father knows us personally and that he just wants us to talk with him while offering up a "broken heart and a contrite spirit." Try to pray always this week. Pray when you wake up, when you are about to eat, when you are about to leave the house, when you go to bed and always have a prayer in your heart. You will see a difference in your life if you do so.

Again, have a fantastic week!

Love,
Elder David



No comments:

Post a Comment