Alma 37:6-7

Alma 37:6-7
Now ye may suppose that this is foolishness in me; but behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass; and small means in many instances doth confound the wise.

And the Lord God doth work by means to bring about his great and eternal purposes; and by very small means the Lord doth confound the wise and bringeth about the salvation of many souls.


.

Monday, September 23, 2013

You Alright?!?! (Said in an ugly Chav English accent)



Hey Everyone!

This week has been a great week! The sun has not been out for a while so that is taking some getting used to!

So about two weeks ago I was telling you about Lawrence! Well he got baptised yesterday and he just started crying as he came out of the water. He later described the moment to me, saying, "As soon as I came out of the water, I felt a tingling feeling go from my toes to the top of my head. I now know with a surety that I am a son of God. I am a son of God" It was such a sweet and spiritual moment. It was such a great day at church because it was a missionary sacrament meeting. I gave a talk about member missionary work and how we all have a responsibility to carry out this great and marvelous work. Sundays can sometimes be stressful as a misssionary in the London North Ward because we pretty much run the show haha. With a small ward with few calling, we end up doing everything. We found out yesterday morning that we needed to teach gospel doctrine class because the man who usually does it, is sick and was not going to be at church. We hold this ward together haha. But I love the ward so much. They brighten up my day.

Next week is transfers once again! I really do not know what is going to happen. I wish I just knew! The suspense it killing me!

This Saturday we have a baptism! It is going to be great! She is from Ghana Africa and came up to us and said that she was investigating the church in Ghana and just moved here. She then asked us if we could baptise her. We were so thrilled to hear those words come out of her mouth!! Those words are music to a missionaries ears!

Our mission has had an emphasis on serving one another and looking for service opportunities. As Elder Hutchins and I have been looking for ways we can serve random people, we have found so many opportunities to help the people around us. After we help them, they are more receptive to what we have to say and also people notice us and wonder who we are. It is exactly what Elder Uchtdorf said "Preach the Gospel at all times, and if necessary, use words. Be an example to those around you. Let your light so shine and use words if you have to.

I love you all and hope you have a great week! I will talk to you all next Tuesday!

Love,
Elder David

No comments:

Post a Comment