Alma 37:6-7

Alma 37:6-7
Now ye may suppose that this is foolishness in me; but behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass; and small means in many instances doth confound the wise.

And the Lord God doth work by means to bring about his great and eternal purposes; and by very small means the Lord doth confound the wise and bringeth about the salvation of many souls.


.

Monday, March 31, 2014

1 Corinthians 13:11

I have found one of my favourite scriptures in the Bible! On Saturday we had a Mission Leadership Conference in London and talked about how we can best help the missionaries in this mission. We came across the topic of remembering who we are. Everyday we put on a name tag representing our Saviour Jesus Christ. In 1 Corinthians 13:11 this is Paul writing and says, " When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things." I think this is how I am hopefully starting to become the man God knows I can become. 

I have never had so many meetings in a week then this past week. Everyday we had to travel somewhere else to go give a training or go to a district meeting just to see how everyone is doing. We somehow found some time to meet some amazing people. I met this woman last week who said that she has met missionaries a month prior but they have not contacted her yet. So we are seeing her and her family this coming week! Then a few minutes later I met another woman from Dubai that said she met missionaries a few months ago and wasn't interested then but she agreed this time as she knows that the family is really important to the church. We are seeing her and her new family this week as well. 

I am really excited for general conference this coming week. Six months has passed so fast and I can remember how amazing it was. I don't think the Prophet and Apostles said anything different but I think I put on my spiritual ears to listen. I invite all of you to put on those same ears so the Spirit may guide and direct your life. 

I just had some real english food and fun little fact. English people say pasta but instead of saying it like we do they say it like we say past and add an A after haha. We were talking about it at dinner and they were making fun of my American accent. I guess it is not as strong as others but it is still there. Hopefully that will change! I don't have too much time but I hope you all have a great week and hope this week treats you well. 

Love,
Elder David

No comments:

Post a Comment