Alma 37:6-7

Alma 37:6-7
Now ye may suppose that this is foolishness in me; but behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass; and small means in many instances doth confound the wise.

And the Lord God doth work by means to bring about his great and eternal purposes; and by very small means the Lord doth confound the wise and bringeth about the salvation of many souls.


.

Monday, March 24, 2014

Peace and Quite

I am loving here in Norwich! On Wednesday I met my companion and Wednesday and we took a 5 hour drive to my new home for the next period of time! I can not explain to you how much I love having a car again. It makes life so much easier! 

Not too much has gone on this week and I am having to adjust missionary work up here. I feel as if I am in a completely different country! The ward is full of English people which is something new for me. We have our own house and it is just the two of us in the house so no other missionaries. This will be the first time being just us two all the time and no other missionaries. I wasn't sure how I would do with that but it makes it a lot easier when you enjoy your companion. That was my biggest worry before coming out on a mission. Not being able to get along with a companion but I think my attitude has changed. It doesn't matter who they are, you can still love them. And if that is difficult then you have to serve them until you love them. And if that doesn't work just fake it until you make it. I have not had a companion so far that I have not liked. They will be friends for life and we all have great memories. 

We are teaching the wonderful family who is planning on being baptised in April. They are from Congo and are so funny. Last night we watched the Joseph Smith movie titled, "Prophet of the Restoration," It was a really good experience and they loved to see the life of Joseph Smith. I had the strongest feeling last night that what we were sharing with them that it was true and they felt it as well. I love the Holy Ghost and being able to have those feelings confirmed by the Spirit. 

Before I came on my mission I did not really enjoy reading. I could not sit down and read a book. This has drastically changed. I have found to love reading and especially to read the scriptures that we have been given. When you study them, there is so much knowledge and information. As we learn in Doctrine and Covenants that "The glory of God is intelligence, or, in other words, light and truth." We are asked to gain all righteous knowledge we can so it can be to much advantage in the world to come. We all know that as we pass on from this life to the next we do not start over. It is a continuation in spirit until we receive our resurrected bodies. We keep all knowledge we have gained in this life. We keep all habits we have formed in this life and we will be brought before the Lord to be judged according to how we lived this life. What a wonderful time to prepare.  Increase your knowledge of the Gospel. Read books written by past Prophets and Apostles and as you do so your understanding of light and truth will begin to increase until we can become like our Father in Heaven. "The spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God. And if children, then heirs; heirs of God and joint- heirs with Christ; If so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together." Romans 8 16-17. I know, as the scripture in the bible states, that we can be heirs of everything God has as we obey His commandments and continue to gain righteous knowledge. I know that the fullness of what God wants us to know has been restored and it is only found in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I am thankful to know that God has called a prophet on the earth today as He has in times of old. I am so thankful to know that the authority to perform sacred ordinances have been restored after the long promised apostasy foretold by the prophet Amos saying, "Behold, the days come, saith the Lord God, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the Lord: And they shall wander from sea to sea, and from the north even to the east, they shall run to and from to seek the word of the Lord, and shall not find it." I am thankful to know the Plan of Salvation. The answers to questions like; Where did I come from? Why am I here? And where am I going after this life? I am really happy right now in my life!

I love you all and hope you have a great week as you increase your knowledge in the gospel. 

Love,
Elder David

No comments:

Post a Comment