Alma 37:6-7

Alma 37:6-7
Now ye may suppose that this is foolishness in me; but behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass; and small means in many instances doth confound the wise.

And the Lord God doth work by means to bring about his great and eternal purposes; and by very small means the Lord doth confound the wise and bringeth about the salvation of many souls.


.

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

NEW ADVENTURE

Good Morning Everyone!

So yesterday was Moves Calls Day and I found out where and what I will be doing for the next 6 weeks. So here is the news.... I .... am.....  LEAVING LONDON! I am the new Zone Leader up in Norwich! About 3-4 hours north of London! I am now going to be in the country side of England starting tomorrow. I was so surprised when I got the call from President Jordan yesterday because I thought I was staying and Elder Adriano was leaving because he has been here for 6 months now. But nope! I am finally kicked out of London and will have a car to drive around the country side. My new companion is from Germany and his name is Elder Vogel! I am excited for this new experience.

This past week we had a missionary experience. So Elder Adriano and I were sitting on a bench in the park and struck up a conversation with a woman walking buy who spoke Portuguese. So Elder Adriano is talking to her in the language and I am trying my best to follow along and all of a sudden we see this drunk man running across the park toward us who is yelling and cursing at us in Portuguese. So obviously this scared off the woman we were talking to and this drunk man says in slurred English,  "It is time to leave." Then walked away. So we were just annoyed at his stupidity and continued to talk to others in the park. Then a minute later he runs back at us with a beer in his hand and dumps it all over us. We are now soaked with beer and the people in the park could not believe what had just happened. It took every fiber of my being not do something I would regret to this drunk man. Elder Adriano and I just stood up and walked away and as we were walking away he started chasing us again with another opened can of alcohol and now with his dog chasing after us. We out ran them both and went to a members home who was close by. It was so crazy and as Elder Adriano and I look back we just laugh and say, "Yep we are definitely missionaries." We did not have time to go change back at the flat so we had to go to our appointments smelling like beer and then having to quickly explain why. It was awkward at first because the people we were teaching all looked puzzled of why we wreaked of alcohol. 

On Friday we had a whole day of service. We painted this woman whole flat and re arranged her furniture. Then later on in the day we went and did some yard work for a member in the ward. It was the first time not being in a suit in like 2-3 months and it felt really weird. I didn't like the feeling honestly but I did like the yard work part. I know that my Dad will never let me forget that sentence as I return home haha. Service really opens peoples hearts. While we were doing landscaping, the member had a friend over and she came out back to request our service for her own home. We agreed and then she sat around for the lesson that we shared the member family. We will soon be teaching her. Or Elder Adriano and his new companion will be. 

I have had a great time in London and serving in this ward and will miss them so much! But I am excited for what is to come!

Have a great week and keep studying the scriptures. Take a self evaluation of yourself everyday and see if you are becoming more like the Saviour.



Love,
Elder David

No comments:

Post a Comment