Alma 37:6-7

Alma 37:6-7
Now ye may suppose that this is foolishness in me; but behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass; and small means in many instances doth confound the wise.

And the Lord God doth work by means to bring about his great and eternal purposes; and by very small means the Lord doth confound the wise and bringeth about the salvation of many souls.


.

Monday, May 12, 2014

Happy Mothers Day!

Yesterday was great being able to Skype home to the family. Everyone is looking nice and healthy. Looks like AJ has gotten just a bit stronger, Miranda a bit sassier, and Dalton more mature!  It is so weird being away and how life still continues. I found myself not really able to talk about things that were not on spiritual level. So I apologize in advance for how weird I will be when I return to the mother ship of Colorado. My companion said, "Man your family has a thick American accent and you sound nothing like them." British accent here I come!! I got to talk with his family as well in the 4 sentences of Portuguese that I know. I guess they invited me to stay with them when (not if) I go to visit. They seem really cool and nice. 

This week has been a pretty good week! Nothing too out of the ordinary to be honest. It seems like my days of getting yelled at and beer poured over me are temporarily postponed. I am now in a civilized English town so not too much of that up here. We taught a few families who want to come to church and to learn more which is great, some University students want to meet with us, and my companion cooked some posh Brazilian food! Exciting huh?!  We went to a member home for dinner and he showed us his home cinema room! He build a giant garage in the back garden and inside you have a 1950's style cinema with around 25-30 theatre seats installed. The projector used is the same that they use when you go out to the cinema. The surround sound is amazing and he makes his own movies and plays them for his family. It was a really interesting hobby! 

I am almost done with the New Testament and I have loved reading through it so far this year. I have started to understand more and more about the gospel and can not believe how much is inside. It just depends on what you are looking for I guess. I have tried my hardest to dig deep and look at "Why that word?" or "Why is this said right at this point in time?" I brings the scriptures to life and makes it not a burden or task but rather a light that can be adjusted brighter and brighter the more I read. The light of the Holy Ghost does not come in its full brilliance at the time of confirmation. As we read in Section 50 of the Doctrine and Covenants, “he that receiveth light, and continueth in God, receiveth more light; and that light groweth brighter and brighter until the perfect day.” (D&C 50:24)  If you have been baptised then you have recieved the Gift of the Holy Ghost by the laying on of hands. I love that this gift is not just given to you and then you can sit down and play with it. But like any gift that God has given you, it must be exercised and stretched until it reaches its full potential. More light and understanding can be in your own life but only on a personal invitation. 

I love you all and will speak with you in a short week! 

Hey look who is a Mormon! The drummer for Neon Trees. Pretty cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment