Alma 37:6-7

Alma 37:6-7
Now ye may suppose that this is foolishness in me; but behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass; and small means in many instances doth confound the wise.

And the Lord God doth work by means to bring about his great and eternal purposes; and by very small means the Lord doth confound the wise and bringeth about the salvation of many souls.


.

Monday, May 26, 2014

A Week In China

I don't know if many of you heard but I have been called to the Hong Kong China Mission! Or at least that's what it felt like this past week. 

In Norwich there is a massive University and a lot of students come from all over the world to study here. We are meeting people from China, Thailand, Japan, and Taiwan. Their culture is so friendly and they are really open to learning about Christianity. Last week I told you of Cecillia and how she felt she needed to believe in God. Well we taught Cecillia and her friend Karen. They are amazing. Cecillia accepted to be baptized on the 14th of June and she asked us "Can it be sooner?" Her friend wants to as well. We met another Chinese student named River and is loving learning about Jesus Christ. We will be asking him this week if he would like to be baptised as well. While we were in town we met a young woman from Thailand. She has only been here for 3 days and is studying English for 10 weeks here. She explained, "I used to believe in God in High School and I always felt happy. I used to pray and it helped me a lot with school and my family. I went to University and stopped but I want what I felt back. She accepted to be baptised on the 14th of June. All of our friends came to Stake Conference this week and is was so great! 

At Stake Conference one man spoke about leaving a rich inheritance for your future family. Not talking about worldly possessions but what you will  leave them to believe in.

When I was little I was staying home from school because I was sick. After the morning had passed I found myself really bored and turned on Disney Channel and learned the entire dance and sing along version of High School Musical. So embarrassing but it is true.  I was not interested in musicals at that time and if you would have caught me in the act or asked me about it I would have denied it. But I did have some good fun on that sick day home. Years later I found myself doing it publicly and on a stage with no shame. I think that this may be related to my spiritual state as well. I was not always excited about reading scriptures with the family. I was not the best at remembering to pray. And I really was not the best at attending church where I thought I had more important things to do on Sunday. But as I grew from a child, I now find myself doing it all on a stage as well. I have grown and am no longer ashamed and know who I am. I hope my family and friends know who I am now and I hope my future family will know who I am today. I love teaching people about what I truly know to be true. Especially when they have never heard of it before. Performing on a spiritual stage is pretty great. 

Moves calls are next week so I will be writing on Tuesday instead with the news on whether I stay or go. Have a great week! 

Love, 
Elder David

No comments:

Post a Comment