Alma 37:6-7

Alma 37:6-7
Now ye may suppose that this is foolishness in me; but behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass; and small means in many instances doth confound the wise.

And the Lord God doth work by means to bring about his great and eternal purposes; and by very small means the Lord doth confound the wise and bringeth about the salvation of many souls.


.

Monday, May 19, 2014

Hard Weeks That End Well

By my subject I can trust that all of you have had similar weeks through out your life. 
Think back to the week where things have not gone as plan. Some of you might laugh and say," Well that sounds just like every single week of my life." This week has been one of those for me in the mission field. We found some amazing people this week. I thought that they were so prepared and they seemed so eager to meet. We set times and places to meet and one after another cancelled or didn't pick up the phone when we call to confirm. Every day it seemed to be the case. These men and woman seemed so great and eager to learn about what we were going to teach them but, in the end, were not. The icing on the crumbling cake of our week came on Saturday. We had 2 appointments we were quite excited about and both the people confirmed to be there. We were feeling quite confident and excited. But as the week had suggested they were not true to their word and didn't show. We had faced this all week and so we didn't mourn too much over this disappointment. We quickly decided to go work. We drove to the University and decide to walk around the campus talking to people. We only had about 25 minutes to do this until our other appointment started. We said a prayer in the car and went to work. Within 5 minutes we met our new Chinese investigator named River. We will be seeing him this coming Wednesday. We were thankful for that blessing and continued on talking to people. We reach the end of the road and decide we have to head back to the car. While walking back we see this girl crossing the street and she ends up walking right next to us. I try speaking the only Chinese I know and she laughs and replies back to my sentence about the weather. We then start talking about God and looks at us with the most excited face and exclaims,"Do you believe in God?! I have been thinking lately that I need to believe in God and follow him so I can be happier. Can you teach me about God?" The smile I was holding was about to  expand wider than my cheeks could handle. We graciously accepted to teach her. She then said,"I also have a friend who feels the same as me. Can you teach both of us?" We will be seeing Cecillia and her friend this coming week. 

It was a miracle. We shouldn't have been where we were at that time if our previous appointment had shown. The Lord is preparing his children and we didn't have the full picture. We were only able to see one face of the diamond while God saw all six. That changed our not so good week into a fantastic week. We had experienced the lows so that we could more fully appreciate meeting Cecillia. I am thankful that the Lords tears us down so we can be built stronger and experience more happiness. I think that's whats going to make Heaven, Heaven. We have experienced the difficulties of mortality and if we endure it well, we will be able to rest in the mansions prepared with our Father.

I will talk with you all this coming week! 

Here are some pictures of Cromer. It is such a beautiful city in our area! Enjoy! 

Love,
Elder David 




No comments:

Post a Comment