Alma 37:6-7

Alma 37:6-7
Now ye may suppose that this is foolishness in me; but behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass; and small means in many instances doth confound the wise.

And the Lord God doth work by means to bring about his great and eternal purposes; and by very small means the Lord doth confound the wise and bringeth about the salvation of many souls.


.

Monday, January 26, 2015

Birthday Boy

Yesterday I turned 20! No longer a teenager even though I am feeling the same. Even though I am pretty new to the ward, they treated me yesterday. One member of the ward brought lasagna and dessert for that evening. All the YSA people got me cupcakes and got me a princess card. All my family will laugh at this. It made up for Aunt Jenns usual Barbie doll gift! Do I put off the vibe that I like that stuff or something? But it was a great day. 

All the missionaries were assigned to speak this week as well.  Second time speaking in the last two weeks!! We also performed the song I'm trying to be like Jesus and I played the piano for it!! It was the first time I have performed a song while playing the piano! Elder Adriano played the violin and sang with elder Sunglao. Not a dry eye in the crowd. They did great! We will be recording it soon and I will send it out on the Google drive I set up. I will let you know when! 

This week we found a gold mine called pueblitos. It Is a Mexican restaurant that we got invited to last week and we met 4 people this week there that we are now teaching. All of them keep bringing their friends to us! One of them already met with missionaries when he lived in California and has visited the temple. He already knows it is all true!! Great miracles and it is helping me learn Spanish!! Good thing Elder Adriano speaks the language!

Two weeks ago we met a woman and had a great conversation with her! She felt the Spirit and began crying. When we asked to meet and exchange contact information she was hesitant and said she has had bad experiences in the past with that so she preferred not to. We said it was okay and gave her the details of the church. She walked off and that was it. Now yesterday while waiting for everyone to arrive for church, in walks this young mother and her husband dressed and ready for church!! We were so excited and introduced them to everyone! We will be meeting with wonderful new family this week! This work is truly I'm Gods hands. We couldn't have done anything for what happened. At some point she went home and told her husband about us and agreed to come. So cool. When we stopped her I asked, "Do you play the piano?" Because our ward needs someone who can play the piano.  She didn't but yesterday she comes to the church to see me playing the piano and was confused. I had to tell her I can't read music. She thought I was a liar at first!! Got it all sorted haha. 

Tonight Elder Adriano is taking me out to a birthday dinner in Covent Garden!! We really get on well!! We will take picture and I will send them when I can. We are on iPads in Westfield so I can't attach any photos from my camera!! 

Have a great week!!! 

Elder David 

No comments:

Post a Comment