Alma 37:6-7

Alma 37:6-7
Now ye may suppose that this is foolishness in me; but behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass; and small means in many instances doth confound the wise.

And the Lord God doth work by means to bring about his great and eternal purposes; and by very small means the Lord doth confound the wise and bringeth about the salvation of many souls.


.

Monday, February 2, 2015

Just Try It!!

This week was a busy week full of meetings! I am starting to get used to this life of meeting since I have been doing for a year straight now! I enjoy it so much. 

This week we met many amazing people! Here in Lea Valley there are many Africans and boy do they have a lot of faith! I love it and I love that they show it. There are so many missionaries from other faiths as well in this part of London! On Sunday morning is a great sight to see everyone dressed for church! It is not usually like that in other parts of London but here that is how it is. 

After talking to many of these wonderful people I love that they have a strong testimony in Christ but I wish they would try the Book of Mormon. A lot of people are unfamiliar with this Book and only have heard either what the media has said about it or what their pastor at church has told them. None have tried it for them selves to test its truthfulness. I know that it is true only because I have tried it and tested the promise it contains, which is to ask God. Everyone who is christian knows the Bible is true. It is just a common belief that one grows up with. What if this world grew up with the Book of Mormon and we as missionaries came to teach on how there was another Testament of Christ called the Bible! People would then have to read and pray about this amazing book as well and try their faith to see the fruits that come from it! 

I love the Book of Mormon and I wish the people here would give it a try rather than listen to someone elses opinion of it. Some woman told us of her pastor who told her all about the Book and how it comes from the Devil. Of course a pastor would say that, his payroll is in jeopardy. Just give it a try and try to find how the bible and book of Mormon don't go together. You won't be able contradictions, only clarity and a strengthening belief in Christ.  

I will now send some pictures! Next week is moves week! Any predicitons? If Elder Adriano and I stay together that means that we will spend 6 months total of our missions together! 1/4! So we are not sure if President will do that! It would be so much fun though! 





No comments:

Post a Comment