Alma 37:6-7

Alma 37:6-7
Now ye may suppose that this is foolishness in me; but behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass; and small means in many instances doth confound the wise.

And the Lord God doth work by means to bring about his great and eternal purposes; and by very small means the Lord doth confound the wise and bringeth about the salvation of many souls.


.

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

My Brain is Mush

 
I am having a really hard time thinking of what happened last week. A lot happened last week but I can't think of it!

So on Tuesday we had the departing dinner. This is a dinner for all the missionaries who are going home. They have a dinner with President and Sister Jordan at the flat. It was really cool being able to be there. My Trainer, Elder Hutchins, was there and is now home. Elder Jensen who I served with in Hyde Park was there, and so was Elder Torres who is now home in Brazil! It was really sweet. Everyone bore their testimonies and talked about their missions. Elder Torres' parents and grandparents came to pick him up and so that was really cool to see. He was a great missionary and already has a calling to be the stake young mens president back in Brazil. He is great and I hope to be able to go to Rio in 2016 for the Olympics. President is going, Elder Anderson is going and they will have us over to stay at their flat! It would be an awesome reunion. 

On Tuesday Morning we taught Jaqueline who is from Sweden. Elder Anderson talked to her about a month ago and asked her to visit the church with us. She agreed and we have been teaching her since. She was scheduled to be baptised this last Saturday but the last two weeks she wasn't too sure if she knew it all was true. Then we come to the lesson on Tuesday morning. We open with a prayer and then she blurts out,"I prayed and asked God if this was the true church. I got my answer and I want to be baptised on Saturday." Elder Anderson and I were so excited for her and couldn't contain our smiles. We smiled through the whole 45 minute lesson. Haha it probably looked really funny but we couldn't control it. She got baptised on Saturday and I will send photos! 

On Wednesday we had the new missionary meeting and got to meet the new missionaries and introduce them to their trainers. That lasted til about 5 then we had a 10 minute dinner and had to go meet with President to prepare the meeting for the next day. We gave a training on Setting Sticky Appointments and we made Setting Sticky Appoinment Stickers to go with it. Clever eh? Not my idea. However we showed a clip from Dumb and Dumber in our training and that was my idea haha. The scene was were Lloyd walks out of 7/11 and says,"Big Gulps huh?....... Whelp, see ya later!" We used this to explain our point. The first missionary training in the world to use a clip from Dumb and Dumber. Priceless. 

Thursday we had Mission Leadership Council the whole day. 

Two weeks ago Elder Anderson either lost his wallet on the tube or someone pick pocketed him. So he lost a lot of money.  140 pounds in cash, both of his English and American licenses, and other precious things that he wouldn't able to get back. We have been praying really hard that someone would turn it in and guess what! Someone did!!! We got a letter from the lost property office in Baker Street saying they have a wallet for Austin Anderson. So we go to pick it up on Friday and all the money was still in it. MIRACLE!!! He was so relieved and it was an answer to prayers. 

Saturday we had another meeting. Then after we had Jaquelines Baptism!! Then after that a Stake Easter Fireside! I was asked to sing, "Face to Face." It was a good good day! 

Sunday Elder Torres confirmed Jaqueline. The last thing he did in London was confirm her. How cool!
Miracles all over this last week. 

Monday we had to wake up at 4 to take a missionary to airport because he was finishing his mission. He would have gone home with everyone else but his parents were at scout camp so he waited a few more day here until travelling back home. I am falling asleep as we type this. Sleep deprivation is real and it feels like my eyes are bench pressing my eye lids. It is a constant battle. If I sit down for a minute I am out. I am loving the feeling! Makes you feel like you are working hard! 

Well I hope you have a good week and talk to you all Saturday! 

Oh last thing. Our Zone won a competition in the mission so we got to have a BBQ on the roof of the Hyde Park Chapel. We had a view of Harrads, Houses of Parliment, Big Ben, and the London eye while feasting on a nice cheeseburger. AWESOME!

I will put more photos on the drive because this emailing thing wont let me send a lot of photos!! 

1.Grilling Burgers on Exhibition Road with President
2. Team Jerseys GO ENGLAND!!

 



 

 

Pics Jaqueline Baptism


 
 
 
1. Lost Property
2. Chipotle in London!!
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment