Alma 37:6-7

Alma 37:6-7
Now ye may suppose that this is foolishness in me; but behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass; and small means in many instances doth confound the wise.

And the Lord God doth work by means to bring about his great and eternal purposes; and by very small means the Lord doth confound the wise and bringeth about the salvation of many souls.


.

Saturday, March 7, 2015

On the Road for Zone Conference (Rice and Beans)

Every Monday night we have a meeting with President Jordan to talk about the mission and how the previous week went. We also prepare for upcoming meetings and discuss the trainings that will be given. Before all of this we have the same meal. Every week. RICE AND BEANS. President Jordan served his mission in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil and he learned how to cook his rice and beans from there. It is a great tradition. We look forward to it every week. I somewhat feel for Dalton now as he has it everyday.

This week was Zone Conference week and we had a great time. We started the week here in Hyde Park and met with a few zones. The focus was on Finding People to Teach. It was really inspiring. We were asked to train on finding through family history. Which I am now addicted to. I looked on Family search and found that I have a lot of work to do when I am home. Especially for my Dads side. I am really excited for it! 

On Thursday we woke up early in the morning to start travelling in the Van. In the van we had President Jordan, Sister Jordan, Elder Anderson, Elder Torres, and I. We had a good two hours to ask President what ever we wanted. President was the head attorney for the church and he told us all his experiences while meeting with President Faust, Hinckley, and Monson. It was so amazing to hear. 

Another tradition is to go to the Carvery after the Norwich, Cambridge, and Colchester Zone Conference. I don't know if we have Carvery's in America but it where you go and get a roast dinner and buffet style. So all the pork, beef, and turkey you want with potatoes and vegetables. YUM! I will send some photos of the week! 

I am just happy we made through alive. I am quite tired of pizza. Everyday for lunch we order pizza for the missionaries. I don't want any more pizza for a long time. 

That is my week and now we will have a nice day in London! 

I love Mews. (little alleyways of cobble stone)

Okay so my pictures are too big for email so I will just post them on the drive. I hope you can see them!



 Antonia got baptised!





My new car.

















 






No comments:

Post a Comment