Alma 37:6-7

Alma 37:6-7
Now ye may suppose that this is foolishness in me; but behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass; and small means in many instances doth confound the wise.

And the Lord God doth work by means to bring about his great and eternal purposes; and by very small means the Lord doth confound the wise and bringeth about the salvation of many souls.


.

Monday, July 15, 2013

ARRIVED

Hey mom! 

So far everything is awesome. I got in Wednesday at 12 in the mission home and met my companion that night and found out where I would be serving for this transfer. My companions name is Elder Dillon Hutchins. He is literally so awesome. He turns 20 next week and couldn't believe I was 18! He actually went went to high school with Elder Munson. He is such a great trainer and is teaching me the ropes. We serve in the London North area in the Hyde Park Stake. Funny thing is that yesterday at church, the stake president and his wife were there because a new bishop was being called. The ward we serve in is super small that it could almost be a branch and full of a ton of weird crazy people from all over the world. But at the same time I love them already. It is so funny to come from our ward back home to this. 

So I live in a flat that cost around 5000 pounds a month. Which comes out to be around 8000-9000 american dollars a month. It is really nice and there is four of living in it. It is me, Elder Hutchins, Elder Hein, and Elder Duncan. They are all awesome and it is so much fun with all of us. I know my address to the flat but I would rather have all the mail go to the mission home because then it will never get lost in the post. Just in case I move or something. 

It has been really tiring doing all this missionary work actually. I am always exhausted. In this mission we don't wake up at 6:30. We wake up at 6:29. It is just to show everyone in the world that we are the number one mission. Which is true because in salt lake they have this huge picture of all the missions in the world. In this mission it has the number one. Because it was the first mission of the church and because it is the best! (Tell Brother Downs I said that) Our motto here is TRUTH WILL PREVAIL. We also have this quote that says "Boys go to South/Central America to become men. Men go to Europe to become leaders. And leaders go to London to become General Authorities." Awesome right?

I'm proud of Dalton for stepping it up! He is a stud already and will be more if he keeps it up haha. But tell him I am proud of him and miss him. Oh and tell Miranda I have lost weight! Haha It is a walking mission and it has been extremely hot here lately. Also my companion and I never eat out. We go grocery shopping and really don't have time to eat for how busy we are haha. So yeah! And we run every morning and lift every other day so tell AJ to watch out when I come back. 

Today we went to see Big Ben and the Eye and House of Parliament! I will upload pictures in a separate email. Oh and I am also in the London Mission Band! We auditioned today and I got a solo haha. It is really fun and everyone in the flat we stay in, has a good voice and is in it. Except Elder Duncan. He just sits and listens. We practice on P days. It is pretty much like choir for Missionaries and we go around England performing for people. Mr. V would be proud! haha. But share this with anyone who cares haha. The transportation here is so fast and efficient. And clean! It is really cool walking the streets of North London everyday and talking about the Gospel. We have someone on date to be baptised and are possible have a few more that are ready. We work so hard and it is showing. We had a crazy good week. 

Tell everyone I love them and will see them in 23 fast sundays!

Love,
Elder David








No comments:

Post a Comment