Alma 37:6-7

Alma 37:6-7
Now ye may suppose that this is foolishness in me; but behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass; and small means in many instances doth confound the wise.

And the Lord God doth work by means to bring about his great and eternal purposes; and by very small means the Lord doth confound the wise and bringeth about the salvation of many souls.


.

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

MTC WEDNESDAYS

Hey Mom and Dad!
 
So I am just going to combine everything in this message because I only have so much time to do this and I have an extremely busy schedule here at the MTC. So feel free to send this out to who ever wants to hear from me. I appreciate everyones individual emails and try to reply to as many as I can but like I said it is hard so I will try my best. And I like reading them so keep on sending! But I will try to answer all of their questions in this one as well.
 
So like I said I had a pretty crazy experience getting here and it was just nice to sleep that night. The first day I got here we all were assigned rooms and companions. There are four Elders in my room including myself. Elder Farlery, who reminds me of my old friend Mark Campell, then there is Elder Ballstead, who reminds me exactly of Brock. His looks and his personality. Like he is balding and we really get along well so thats why haha. And then my companion is Elder Foster. He is a really smart guy and looks like the guy from Ratatouie! He is really nice and we work well together but there are times I just want to be alone because he is sometimes just overly nice and acts like he is 80 years old but I really enjoy working with him. I will attach pictures at the end so you can see all of them.
 
The jet lag lasted for like 3 days and I was always tired and it was really hard to work but they made it so we could get used to the rigorous schedule. We wake up at 6 and run until 630 then we are up doing scripture study and meetings all day until 1030, which is light out time. The days here feel like weeks but the weeks also feel like just one day. If that makes sense. The actual MTC and Temple is so beautiful. We did a session this morning and I have never felt the spirit so strong in my life. And it was a specific feeling. The spirit told me while in the celestial room, that I must work my hardest throughout life to successful in the eyes of God. At that point I realized that I don't have to be wealthy or have to have a lot of temporal possesions because in the eyes of God he does not care about those things. Instead I must be successful in raising an eternal family and keeping the commandments He has given us. That is the most important thing in life because this is all temporary. But after this is Eternity. And being able to spend eternity in a place like the celestrial room would be absolutly the best.
 
So far I haven't really had any lows. There has only been highs. Some people around are really stuggling with being away from home or having to learn english and such but nothing has hit so far. I hope it stays this way so I don't get depressed or discouraged but that most likely wont happen. There are elders from India, and Germany, Whales, and Ireland and the rest are from the states. And some Sisters are from Australia, Nigeria, South Africa, Brazil, England, and then the rest are also from the states. Everyone is so close because it is only about 50 people so it is way better than being at the MTC in Utah! Which Im so glad I am not there. The teachers that teach us are really great and the two teachers that teach our district (6 people) are so funny. One teacher, Brother Hankst, is from Germany and came to England on his mission and he is the best. The other, Brother Wilkinson, is from here in England and he doesn't like Americans at all but loves us. He has a dry sense of humor and I love it. He is so blunt and the typical Englishman. The President here is great and is really spiritually guided on what to teach and when.
 
Everyday except today and Monday have been rainy. But I love it! It is so refreshing and expecially in the morning it is nice. My companion and I run at 6 every morning and it is just a light mist outside so it is perfect. I have been running so I do not get fat like Miranda says I will. The food is really good and pretty similar to American food so far but I think that is just because they want to ease us into it. I am able to sleep great every night because of how tired I am but when I wake up it hurts because it is the stiffest bed ever!!
 
We just got back from shopping and I bought some superman dress socks, shaving cream (because shaving everyday hurts my face I had to get a different shaving cream for sensitive skin), and some Cadbury chocolate because I guess it is really good. I exchanged 170 american dollars and recived about 100 pounds so that is the ratio here haha. I think I want one of those electric razors Derrick let me use the morning I got set apart.... So if that could come in a care package... that would be smashing.... haha. Learning all the different things they say here is so weird but so much fun.
 
I leave next Wednesday morning for the London mission home and will be assigned a mission then so I will keep you updated!! I love it here and am already so excited to get in the field and serve God!! THE CHURCH IS TRUE!
 
With much love,
Elder David

No comments:

Post a Comment