Alma 37:6-7

Alma 37:6-7
Now ye may suppose that this is foolishness in me; but behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass; and small means in many instances doth confound the wise.

And the Lord God doth work by means to bring about his great and eternal purposes; and by very small means the Lord doth confound the wise and bringeth about the salvation of many souls.


.

Monday, July 22, 2013

From London To The States

~Hey everyone!
London has been treating me great and the people even greater. This past week Elder Hutchins and I have had a busy week! We are planning to have 4 baptisms this transfer (a transfer is 6 weeks) which is really good and we are so happy for it. The Lord has really blessed us with prepared people to teach. This last week we invited two 19 year old guys to be baptised and they accepted. They are ready to give up their past life and move towards following Christ. They are so great and were so prepared to hear the Gospel. We also baptised a girl yesterday named Kokab. She is a 40 year old Muslim and had a really difficult time being able to baptised. You see when a Muslim gives up there beliefs and becomes Christian it is a big deal and if she would have gone back to Iran they would kill her. And if anyone knew she was doing this they would kill her. So the Mission President would give us the consent to baptise her because it could put her in danger. So President Jordan had to get permission from the President Monson to be able to allow her to be baptised. This last week she got the news that she could get baptised if she became a citizen here in the UK so she would never have to go back to Iran. So the day after her finding out she could get baptised she received a letter saying she was a citizen of the UK. She was so surprised because she has been trying for years and it "happened" to come the day after the letter from the Prophet came. We met with her and as we talked about her situation and how happy she was, I started to cry. I could not control it because I could feel of Gods love for her and her decision to get baptised. I have never felt so much love for anyone like that because it was Gods pure love for her. I could not believe it. There are miracles everywhere and we just have to open our eyes to see them. "Coincidence is just how God can remain anonymous." This Gospel brings happiness and is the only way back to live with our heavenly father in his presence. We need to do all we can to be diligent and to make choices that will guide us in His direction. Me being here serving the people really makes me love them. If we serve those who around us, you will be able to love them more than you already may. I know that there is a God and he loves everyone of us. I know that this is the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. And I know that where I am and what I am doing, is exactly where God needs me.
My ward here is crazy. Haha most people barely speak English and are from all around the world. I will give you an example. A lady named Lisa in our ward. Everytime she bares her testimony she starts praying in the middle of it. Or when she talks to you in the hallway she will just start thanking Jesus and pray for you. She does it EVERYWHERE! hahah the first time it happened I just could not stop laughing and I felt so bad but goodness it is funny. Now we have this old lady in our ward named Sister Ramsley. She is about 65 or 70 and told us this story. "Last week my son (who is not a member) was doing drugs and I caught him and started to yell at him and then all of a sudden I felt my ancestors through the vail give me their pristhood power and told me I should rebuke him. So I raised my arm to the square and priesthood rebuked him." HAHAHAHAHH It is wrong and such false doctrine on every level but it was so funny. She was a convert like 20 years ago so she doesnt have anyone one that would even have that priesthood power in the first place. She is crazy but that is just the start all the crazy people.
I love you all and hope that you have a great week! I will just be baptising people in London. Next person to be baptised? The Queen.
~Love Elder David
Ps here Is the picture of me Imitating the Joseph Smith Piture! Took it this morning.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment