Alma 37:6-7

Alma 37:6-7
Now ye may suppose that this is foolishness in me; but behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass; and small means in many instances doth confound the wise.

And the Lord God doth work by means to bring about his great and eternal purposes; and by very small means the Lord doth confound the wise and bringeth about the salvation of many souls.


.

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Should I Stay or Should I Go?!

Hey there folks!

So many of you are wondering the big news if I am staying in London or moving out? So here are the final results....................................................................I am STAYING AND TRAINING A NEW MISSIONARY!

I got the call last night and was so excited about staying where I am and with getting a brand new missionary to train. I am so nervous to train because I have only been out for 3 months. President Jordan said "It is quite unusual to train this early but we know you can do it." I feel so honoured to be trusted by him and most importantly the Lord. I love this work so much and am finally getting the hang of it. It is now easy to talk to everyone on the street and anyone I sit next to on the bus and tube. It is a blessing from my Heavenly Father to be able to do this.

This past week I have been studying some great missionaries found in the Book of Mormon but as well in the Book of Moses. In Alma 26:11-12, it talks about the great missionary Ammon. Ammon is found glorifying the Lord because of his success and strength and he says, "But Ammon said unto him:I do not boast in my own strength nor in my own wisdom; but behold, my joy is full, yea, my heart is brim with joy, and will rejoice in my God. Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many might miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

I love those verses because it teaches us two main principles. Humility and worshipping God. I love Ammon and the example he was in the Book of Mormon.

Also in Moses there is another great prophet named Enoch. This is after God reveals himself to Enoch and he says" Why is it that I have found favor in thy sight, and am but a lad, and all the people hate me; for I am slow of speech; wherefore am I thy servant?"

So this week focus on the things God has given you and show thanks. Because we are truly nothing without Him.

I love you all and hope you have a great rest of your week!

Love,
Elder David

No comments:

Post a Comment