Alma 37:6-7

Alma 37:6-7
Now ye may suppose that this is foolishness in me; but behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass; and small means in many instances doth confound the wise.

And the Lord God doth work by means to bring about his great and eternal purposes; and by very small means the Lord doth confound the wise and bringeth about the salvation of many souls.


.

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

65 Miles Later



So on my birthday I received a birthday package from my family and inside was a sportline step counter! I was really happy to find this inside becuase we walk a lot and it would be interesting to see how much we walk in a week. So above is how much we walked in the last 7 days.... Crazy right!!

As I talked about in my last email, we were having a baptism last sunday of a Mother and Son from Sri Lanka! It went fantastic! After they were baptised, Chaminda (the son), said, "I feel so good and clean. I really do not want to leave the church to go home." There was such a sweet spirit felt that night as he shared his feelings with us. His mother, Margaret, is in her 60's and Chaminda is 33. He has recently gone through some hard trials pertaining to his own family but I find it amazing that God was able to place the gospel in his path when he truly needed it most. God knows us personally. 

Later on in the week they invited us over to have dinner at their home! Sri Lankan style! They had prepared a 5 course meal for us! In their culture, they treat guests like Kings! They will not let you serve yourself, they pull out the chair for you, and bring out the finest cutlery they have. It was so cool to spend a night in Sri Lanka and to partake of the wonderful food that is found in that part of the world. The next night we spent in Jamaica. We are teaching a family from Jamaica Mon! And they are so funny. We go over to their flat and are no longer found in London but in the tropical region of Jamaica Mon. Thick accents everywhere, so thick it is sometimes hard to understand what they are saying that you have to just nod your head and agree. Then last night we spent the night in London with Brother and Sister Steinfield, our Ward Mission Leader. They cooked us pizza and we spent the night listening to their beautiful British accents. We honestly do not hear many British accents while in London. So weird and for that reason I do not believe I will be getting an accent. I teared up while writing that sentence. I will have to get sent out to the country side but that probably won't be happening for the next 3 months. Oh that reminds me! Moves calls were last night and I am staying where I am in Hyde Park as the District leader and with the same companion! No change for me but I am glad because I really am enjoying myself and enjoying the ward that I serve in. This Thursday night we will be spending our night in France with President Jaquire. He is from France and is the Elders Quorum President in the ward and he is introducing us to one of his friends. I will have to practice my French. The only sentence I know is deteste le cocoyage! Which means I hate sea shells. Which isn't even true but it sounds cool when you do it with an accent. 

We live with the Assistants to President and one of them is finishing his mission tonight and is leaving to go back home to Italy tomorrow. It is sad to see all these missionaries leave to go back home but it is cool to see that they did it. Elder Tobia's mum sends him home-made Italian pasta sauce and he gave it all to us because he doesn't want to take it with him because his mum can just make him more next week. I am so excited to have some real Mama Tobia Italian Pasta Sauce! The name has a nice ring to it. 

Yesterday a few missionaries got together and went to China Town for lunch!!! Man I love chinese food but when you go to a buffet that only costs £5, you are not going to leave the restaurant saying that was a good idea. It was the Chinese New Year last week so it was all decorated and the people were so funny and nice!

I am really having a good time and feel so happy lately. Especially after seeing Margaret and Chaminda enter into the waters of baptism. I was filled with so much peace and joy. I really should not be happy doing what I am doing. Talking to angry people who don't believe in God just to have some swear word thrown at me shouldn't put a smile on my face but for some reason it does. I think that is a blessing that the Lord gives us a missionaries. He is with us constantly as we try to do our best. Always uplifting us and encouraging us so we can continue in the work of salvation. I know that God is with us always. He is not the light at the end of the tunnel but rather the light guiding us through the tunnel. Have a wonderful week and I will talk to you allon Monday

Love,
Elder David

There are all these buses in London that say,"I heart Mormon!" haha because of the Book of Mormon musical. So funny haha. Also here is Margaret and Chaminda and a Picture of where Les Miserable is shown in London. We play morning basketball for exercise so here is the crew for that. Mr. wu Chinese restaurant. I was not actually sleeping like that on the tube. We like to do crazy things when we are the only ones on the tubes because it never happens!


















No comments:

Post a Comment