Alma 37:6-7

Alma 37:6-7
Now ye may suppose that this is foolishness in me; but behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass; and small means in many instances doth confound the wise.

And the Lord God doth work by means to bring about his great and eternal purposes; and by very small means the Lord doth confound the wise and bringeth about the salvation of many souls.


.

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

God is great! Soda is good! People are crazy!



So, exciting news...... I AM DRIVING ON THE WRONG SIDE OF THE ROAD!! I have been asked by President to get my license so I can drive. Let me tell you it is so weird. I had to drive a stick so I am so thankful that I stole Dalton's Bumble Bee Yellow Jeep a few times so I could know how to kinda drive with a stick. It was a success. Driving in London is a bit different though. No one pays attention to lines and speed or anything else that is related to safety. People just run in front of you, bikes are right next to you, and giant buses are swerving in and out of traffic. I felt like Ricky Bobby when he decides to get back in the Race Car and drive on the track! All the cars were going to fast! 

On Wednesday we had a day just filled with cool miracles. 

Miracle #1: Last week we started teaching this really nice family and they were so amazing. We taught the mother (Charmaine) and her 2 kids about The Book of Mormon. We then asked Charmaine if her husband would be interested in learning more and she said no he is not very religious and I don't know what he thinks about God. So Elder Adriano and I have been praying to find a way where we can just include her husband. On Wednesday we were going to an appointment and we arrive and the people we were going to see said they weren't ready and to come back later. So we went to go talk to people on the street and the first person we stop was this really cool guy. I asked him, "Hey excuse me sir? When is the last time you bought a new pair of shoes?" He was confused and answered, "Uh like a month ago. Why?" "Well, when we buy new shoes we have to break them in. We don't buy them and they automatically fit to our feet right? We must break them in so they may be able to help us to do everyday things in the future! This is how the Book of Mormon is also! We must give it a try and let it "form to our feet" and then we are able to find that strength we are looking for!" The man was really interested in learning more. He then interrupted us and said, "Wait, I could have sworn that you two were in my house last Monday." We assured him we weren't in the area on Monday and he continued to say,"No you were with my wife and kids downstairs!" We then asked couriously, "Are you Charmaines husband?!" He said that he was and that he wanted us back to teach him and his family! Cool right?! Out of everyone in London we run into the one person we were praying for. God is great. Soda is good. People are crazy. 

Miracle #2: Elder Adriano and I were just talking to people on the street and were literally stopping everyone. While walking down the road and we hear someone scream, "Hey! Why didn't you stop me?!" To our surprise there was a man sitting up on some steps and we didn't see him. We then turn around and went to talk to him. We end up teaching him and he says, "I wan't to come to church with you guys and I want to bring someone with me." We love hearing those words! 

Miracle #3: This is the coolest miracle of the day! So the night before (Tuesday) we met this man named Ralph. Ralph is from the Philippines and we start talking with him about what we believe and the Book of Mormon. He stops Elder Adriano from talking and says,"It is cold, want to get some pizza then you can teach me more?" We agreed graciously. We taught him, gave him a Book of Mormon and he committed to read it. We then scheduled to see him again the following night at the same time. So we arrive to meet him again and he read the entire Book of Mormon. Let me repeat. HE READ THE ENTIRE BOOK OF MORMON IN ONE NIGHT!! He then began to tell us his favourite parts and showed us the passages he had highlighted. He told us that he knows it is true. We then asked him if he would be baptised and he said yes he would! The only problem is he lived up in Birmingham. We got his info and the missionaries in the England Birmingham Mission will be teaching him soon! 

On Saturday I went on a road trip!!! The singing group had a performance that was up in Ely. We spent the day singing around the town and telling people they should come to the free concert that night. It was the first time being outside of London during the day and talking to traditional English people. England it actually quite green and it was amazing to see the country side. It was so cool to see their culture. The town of Ely consists of about 500 people. It is so small! They have a huge Catholic Cathedral and it is beautiful. We sang and had a great day. We got back to our flat at like 11 at night and we were exhausted from the day of singing! 

Today we had a really fun P-Day! There was no singing practice so we had the day to ourselves to go around London. We were complete tourists. We set off to go see Buckingham Palace. It was the first time seeing it for me and it is so huge!! It was actually really cool being able to see the guards in person rather than on a picture. We walked through the park and found some guards that were outside. I heard the story behind why they were doing this march. I guess one day Queen Victoria was going to check on the guards and found them either drunk or sleeping. Because of these guards she instituted this march to happen everyday at 4 so the guards will not misbehave again. After we walked to go see Big Ben, The Houses of Parliament, and the Westminster Abbey. At 5 PM everyday the Westminster Abbey does "Evensong." Evensong is a Church of England service where the choir sings and does a little bible spoken word study. It was quite interesting and it was so cool to go to a service in the Westminster Abbey. I have a few pictures so enjoy!!

Oh yeah and by the way I cut my hair really short. I wanted to be able to wear a hat without my hair getting messes up... So yeah.  


















So Elder Adriano captured these photos this past week. I fell asleep in my suit after we finished planning and then before bed I was reading the Book of Mormon and just passed out. Enjoy. 





No comments:

Post a Comment