Alma 37:6-7

Alma 37:6-7
Now ye may suppose that this is foolishness in me; but behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass; and small means in many instances doth confound the wise.

And the Lord God doth work by means to bring about his great and eternal purposes; and by very small means the Lord doth confound the wise and bringeth about the salvation of many souls.


.

Monday, February 10, 2014

Be Careful What You Pray For!

All I have to say is God really does have a sense of humor!! I know this because I have a little brother who likes to blend things in a blender when I used to take naps at home. I know this because of how my family is structured with the personalities that sometimes blend and clash. I know this because of the people that are put in our paths from day to day to keep me and my companion smiling. For instance, on Saturday on Gloucester Road there was some big festival or party where people were dressed in funny costumes and were all very intoxicated and were just running around. It was quite the scene. We were walking into the tube station and we saw two midgets or small people (which ever one is more polite) dressed as minions from despicable me. It was the funniest sight I have ever seen in my life. They had the goggles on and their whole body was painted yellow!

But really my topic doesn't even come from those stories. Some missionaries in my District were struggling to find people to teach and they were working really hard and being really obedient but they just were not finding people to teach or people who would even listen to them. My heart truly was hurting for them because everyone goes through these moments as a missionary. So I just decided to pray and ask our Heavenly Father how to best help these missionaries in their work. I prayed that I would be able to understand what they are feeling so I could best help them. Very dumb of me to ask such a thing. I just thought that maybe God would give some inspirational words that I could share with them or that He would bless them with people all of a sudden. But none of this happened. Instead, my Father in Heaven thought I would have to actually go through what they were going through so I could help them. This last week was difficult haha. Man we worked hard but no one wanted to hear a thing about what we wanted to say. People that we thought were so prepared to hear the Gospel would text us and say never mind I am not interested. It was so frustrating! This continued on for the entire week until it came to Sunday. I finally just had to ask again and say "Okay Okay I know what they feel like! Please take this away from me!!" I was so done with people just walking by me as if I had not just tried to stop and talk to them. So sick and tired of getting weird looks from people as we talk about God. And as I asked for this to pass Sunday morning, it was lifted. On Sunday we had a great day. An amazing day and we were able to talk and teach a lot of people who want to learn more. 

I know that God really does answer prayers... not in the way we would like but in the way where we will most appreciate them in the end. 

I will close with a really cool miracle that happened this last week. Elder Adriano and I were talking to people on the street and stopped this family who was coming back from school. They were so nice and really were interested and feeling that what we were teaching was important. Right as we were about to set a time to meet again all of a sudden the Mother started running away with her children following her. We were so confused until we saw a bus pass right by us. They were all running to catch the bus! So Elder Adriano and I started running with them and helped them catch their bus. The mother was really surprised at our determination and set a time for this coming week were we will be teaching the family of 4!

Have a wonderful week and have a great Valentines Day!! 

Love,
Elder David

No comments:

Post a Comment