Alma 37:6-7

Alma 37:6-7
Now ye may suppose that this is foolishness in me; but behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass; and small means in many instances doth confound the wise.

And the Lord God doth work by means to bring about his great and eternal purposes; and by very small means the Lord doth confound the wise and bringeth about the salvation of many souls.


.

Monday, June 16, 2014

Go on a Mission!

I am slowly creeping up on my year mark and it has just come way too fast. I was able to see the new missionaries last week in London and it just brings flash back every time. We help them experience their first day of finding and London and see the fear that comes into their eyes when it is their turn. At least the fear I was feeling was pretty real to me 1 year ago. The growth that has happened to me is quite weird. I never thought or could have imagined what a mission was like.  I had no idea what I was getting myself into but the Holy Spirit has testified to me that I am where I need to be. So to all you young men and young women reading this I would just say, "Go on a mission."

I finished reading the New Testament just last night and it was a really great feeling to had it read through. Now I am starting the Old Testament in Joshua.Whilst talking with Elder Nolan he noticed something that I have never noticed before. When Jesus Christ was baptised we are not told too much of his experience before the actual ordinance. But the significant part of what is recorded is what happens after the baptism is performed. After coming straightway out of the water, the Holy Ghost descended in the form of a dove and The Father himself says,"This is my Beloved Son. In whom I am well pleased." It was not until after  that he received a witness that what he had done was correct and was honoured by the Father. 

I feel that we sometimes want to receive the blessings before keeping the commandment or want to know it is right before taking the step of faith onto a roaring ocean floor. If we continue to exercise our faith in Jesus Christ we will not go astray. I would like you all to watch this video and see how it relates to the decisions you want to be guided in from your day to day life.

I know that sometimes we are allowed to go the wrong way so we may quickly learn and change course. Always "Counsel with the Lord in all thy doing and he will direct thee for good." Alma 37:37 

So you youth wondering whether or not to go. GO! You will experience the Holy Ghost testify to you that it is right maybe before you go but definitely after you go to serve. Or you adults stuck on some decision. Or all of you students, you know this applies to you too. Pray, listen, act, listen, repeat. 

This coming Saturday Cecillia is getting bapised! WOO HOOO! She is making us Chinese food this week to celebrate. When she wants to express herself and can't do it in English she gets mad and starts speaking Chinese at us hoping we can understand. We can't. She is fantastic and is really excited. 

Yohanna is doing good and we taught him about missions. He is really considering going on one and says he would like to impact peoples life like we have impacted his. He will be a great friend of mine. 

I will talk to you in a week! Until then keep safe!

Love,
Elder David

No comments:

Post a Comment