Alma 37:6-7

Alma 37:6-7
Now ye may suppose that this is foolishness in me; but behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass; and small means in many instances doth confound the wise.

And the Lord God doth work by means to bring about his great and eternal purposes; and by very small means the Lord doth confound the wise and bringeth about the salvation of many souls.


.

Monday, June 30, 2014

I Love Chinese People

We had a great week and just exhausting as well. On Wednesday night we went to eat at a the Carters home and taught one of there friends who has been coming to church! Right after the lesson we had to drive down to Colchester which takes about 2 hours from where we were. We stayed the night there so we wouldn't have to wake up at 3:30 in the morning to drive to London. On Thursday morning we drove into London for Mission Leadership Council. We started driving back at 6 and had to start planning for the meeting we were going to hold the following morning. We had the drive home to prepare and while I was driving, Elder Nolan was struggling to stay awake so not much was able to get done. Luckily by the end of the trip mostly everything was taken care of. Friday morning we Zone Training Meeting and it went so well! I love our Zone. They are doing some great work and just awesome missionaries. I really am enjoying my time right now.  

OH YEAH!! On Thursday was my 1 year mark! I can't believe how fast time has gone! It was cool being able to spend my One Year in the Hyde Park Chapel with President and Sister Jordan. 

On Friday we had Dinner with the Wilkins! They are so great. There son just left on his mission to the Scotland/Ireland Mission and they treat us so well. 

Saturday was a day of baptisms! Danielle was baptised for the other set of Elders in Norwich and she is Chinese student studying at the UEA. She bore the most powerful testimony I have ever heard and brought 12 friends to the baptism. A few also came to church on Sunday and one of them is now preparing for baptism! So amazing. Elder Nolan, Elder Paul and I sang at the baptism. After that we went to another baptism in Dereham and participated in the program there. It was a really good day. 

Sunday was just a great if not better. We baptised Neil on Sunday. He is also a Chinese student at the UEA and is so amazing. He read the whole gospel principles book and was teaching us by the end of each lesson. He brought 5 friends to the baptism and on came to church who we will see this week! I can't wait for China to open its doors to Religious Freedom. When that happens there will be so many leaders already in the church that are Chinese and it will just spread to rapidly. They have to most sweet and pure spirit and are just waiting to hear the gospel. 

Here is a funny video for my little cousins! I apologize in advance to you adult because it get stuck in your head quite easily. You will know what I am talking about when you watch it! 


Have a great week! 
I will send pictures soon....

Love,
Elder David

No comments:

Post a Comment