Alma 37:6-7

Alma 37:6-7
Now ye may suppose that this is foolishness in me; but behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass; and small means in many instances doth confound the wise.

And the Lord God doth work by means to bring about his great and eternal purposes; and by very small means the Lord doth confound the wise and bringeth about the salvation of many souls.


.

Monday, July 7, 2014

Norwich Ward!

This week was pretty amazing! On Tuesday we had Zone Conference with President and Sister Jordan. I was able to conduct the meeting which was a pretty neat experience. After lunch Elder Nolan, Elder Paul, and I performed a musical number. It was an amazing day the spirit was so strong as president was teaching us about the principle of repentance. He said "We are not teaching the doctrine so that our friends may join the church through knowledge, we are teaching the doctrine to help build their faith to repent and be baptised. This is the only way. We need to teach repentance and then will they feel a forgiveness of sins and then want to follow our Saviors example and be baptised." I loved the things he was saying. 

I am really loving the Norwich ward right now! The members are trusting us with a lot of their friends to share the gospel with and meet. On Tuesday evening after Zone Conference, Bishop invited us over to meet his daughters friend! His daughter is serving her mission in Salt Lake City, Utah Mission. We met her and she really wanted to know what Jess was doing all the way over in America so what better way then to meet the actual missionaries in England! We had a wonderful discussion and she agreed to come to church. She enjoyed church and we will be seeing her at Bishops again next Tuesday!

On Wednesday I spent my day in Dereham on an exchange with one of the Elders. His name is Elder Moreno from Spain! He plays professional indoor football (soccer) for Spain! I really enjoyed my day with him. We did some service and had chicken nuggets for tea. It has been a long time since I had chicken nuggets. It was a spiritual experience. 

Thursday we saw Neil who was baptised last week and is doing great! He is the greatest and was confirmed yesterday. He brought one of his classmates to church and we will be teaching her with him this Wednesday! He played a chinese song for us on the guitar! I have the video but it might be too big to send over email I will try to send it though.  We ended the night teaching a family from New Zealand. They fed us and we taught her sons who are preparing to be baptised in 3 weeks. 

Friday was the 4TH OF JULY! Which is not a big thing here. Hopefully you know why. But honestly they don't teach the Revolutionary War in school here. My companion said he was never taught about it and we asked others and they said the same thing. It is funny how that is the first thing you learn when going to school. Those Americans. I hope you all had a good time blowing stuff up. The day was pretty average but one of the members had us over and cooked some Hamburgers for the occasion. 

Saturday morning I took my driving test..... AND PASSED!! It is much harder to get a license here but it is all done now and I am happy that it is finished. It was a miracle thought. We drove all the way up to Kings Lynn and got lost trying to find the place to we drove all around and finally found it. When I was doing the actual driving test the instructor took me on the exact same route that we traveled when we were lost! I already knew what was coming because we already drove it on accident haha. It was a tender mercy from God. 

Last but not least Sunday! It was a good Sabbath. 

Next week is moves calls week and so I will be emailing on Tuesday instead of Wednesday! I have been here for 4 1/2 months now so what are your predictions. I think I am leaving because now Elder Nolan and I can both drive so one of us will be moved and I have been here longer so who knows! I love you all and here are some pics! 
   
  Here is a bible video too! Enjoy. 

https://www.lds.org/bible-videos/videos/jesus-declares-i-am-the-light-of-the-world-the-truth-shall-make-you-free?lang=eng


--
Elder Talan Haynes David
England London Mission
64-68 Princes Gate
Exhibition Road,
South Kensington
London, England SW7 2PA











picture of Elder Moreno and I




No comments:

Post a Comment