Alma 37:6-7

Alma 37:6-7
Now ye may suppose that this is foolishness in me; but behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass; and small means in many instances doth confound the wise.

And the Lord God doth work by means to bring about his great and eternal purposes; and by very small means the Lord doth confound the wise and bringeth about the salvation of many souls.


.

Monday, August 11, 2014

Caught in the Rain

This week was pretty awesome! I am soaking wet as I am typing this right now because after we got out of the tube station while walking to the chapel, the heavens opened with hail and really big dollops of rain. It was ridiculous how fast it came. When we got on the tube it was all sunny but the weather changed in that short 5 minute ride. I wish I would have thought to take a video with my water proof camera but I was too busy running. No we don't carry around umbrellas because how hot it has been but now it seems summer is starting to wind down.

Last week was a week full of driving instruction. Not for me but for my companion. Now I was the one who had to sit in the back seat for hours on end and look out the window. On Tuesday Elder Pereira had a 2 hour driving instuction to prepare for his test that was on Thursday. On Wednesday the same. I am truly thankful to be done with the process. On Thursday he had his test and unfortunately he failed it. It was a good effort though! Having failed it twice until passing, I found it easier to try and make him feel better. Fish n Chips did the trick. 

On Wednesday evening I was able to go teach Barbara again! So if you do not remember. Elder Adriano and I found Barbara when we were serving in the Hyde Park 2nd Ward just 6 months ago. She is still investigating and had a hard time stepping away from her current church. She really wanted to but never built up the courage to do so. She is from Jamaica and has the greatest accent. So I went with Elder Zhao who is now serving in that area to go teach her again. It brought back so many great memories. We show up and she was so surprised to see me there and so was her 10 year old grand-daughter Raven. We all sat down and I ask, "Barbara, why are you not baptised yet?" She then said, "Well just the other day I decided to leave the church and it is done. I am ready now." I was speechless. It was such a surreal experience being there to find her and happening to be there when she decided to be baptised. It was definitely a tender mercy from the Lord. She will be getting baptised this Thursday and I will send you all pictures of it! Her grand-daughter might be joining her as well! 

On Friday I was officially on an exchange with Elder Zhao back in my old area. We walked around the places we used to work. We even walked past the bench were Elder Adriano and I had beer poured all over us by the drunk dude from Portugal. It is priceless. I will attach it. 

Saturday morning I was back with Elder Pereira and we went to go see Ashley! He is doing great and is preparing to be baptised in the next two weeks! He is inviting all of his family down to see it all. Ashley's daughter also came to church with him this Sunday. She is 9 and I think she enjoyed primary. I really don't remember much of what happened during primary except one year where my Mum was in there and I thought I was a celebrity because my mum was in charge of the class. On Saturday a Senior couple took us out to lunch at a pub. My companion is a genious when it comes to computers. So he helped the senior couple out and they treated us. It was really nice of them.

On Sunday I had a really cool experience when going home to eat dinner on the tube. We were finding in Hammersmith and decided to walk to Ravenscourt tube station instead of taking the one in Hammersmith. We get to the platform and board the tube. I sit across from this young Indian man and compliment him on the jumper he was wearing. He thanked me then started starring at my name badge. All people do this. They forget that my eyes are not on my chest.. haha usually I didn't have this problem back home. He then told me that he has seen that tag before. He proclaimed,"In fact I actually met with your friends up in Gloucester a while back and they gave me a book." He then reached inside of his yellow backpack to pull out his navy blue Book of Mormon! "No way I can't believe you have that book in your bag! It's great huh?" This struck up a great conversation and I moved from across the isle to sit next to him. He told me that he is Christian and liked meeting with the missionaries in Gloucester but life dragged him to London on short notice. He told me that he was supposed to go to church with them but he left before Sunday came. I invited him to come this next Sunday and he accepted the invitation. We will be seeing him during the week as well. This just proves to me that God is aligning our paths with those whom he has prepared. Never would I have thought that going to Hammersmith instead of Ravenscourt would be a big deal, but it made all the difference.

Really I had a great week and it keeps getting better. Since today was P-Day my companion and I arranged a Zone Picnic in Hyde Park. After eating we played some football (soccer) and some volleyball. I love the people, I love the location, I love my mission.

Elder David
 
 
 








 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment