Alma 37:6-7

Alma 37:6-7
Now ye may suppose that this is foolishness in me; but behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass; and small means in many instances doth confound the wise.

And the Lord God doth work by means to bring about his great and eternal purposes; and by very small means the Lord doth confound the wise and bringeth about the salvation of many souls.


.

Monday, August 18, 2014

Covent Garden

Today was pretty awesome! I think my I found my favourite part of London. It is Covent Gardens. Like it is all cobble stone and has the most random and urban shops. Old antiques, Italian aromas, and classical violinists while enjoying your mid day tea. We spent our morning looking around a found shop selling old fashioned calligraphy pens. The ones with feathers and ink you dip the tip into. The temptation was real but I resisted. It reminded me of The Count of Monte Cristo. Good movie. On Wednesday night I was able to attend Barbara's baptism. It was so amazing to see. Her daughter, who is a member, came from from Italy to see the baptism with her husband. It was amazing how fast the whole service was but it symbolized how hard she worked to get to that point. She is now an active member and doing great! I will attach the pictures. Saturday was a pretty epic day. We had a lot of fun. In the morning we had an appointment with our next door neighbor and after we taught her and her husband they brought out some food they had prepared for us. We were pretty excited but they didn't know that a member of the ward was planning on taking us out to lunch right after. So we eat the food and leave now to our lunch appointment. The member took us to Giraffe! It was some delicious food! After the appointment we then went to visit this part member family. They wanted to meet us at Westfield which we were nervous about because westfield is this massive mall! MASSIVE. Look it up, Westfield in Shepherds Bush. And inside there are a lot of restaurants. They didn't mention anything about food so we thought we would be okay. We meet them in the middle and they hand us a giant bag of food that they cooked for us that they said was for home. We were so happy!!! But then they said follow us we are also going to take you out to eat...... I was still excited but just worried that I would not be able to take in any more food. The Lord had literally blessed the food and made it disappear as it entered my body. It was some really good food thought. Nando's which is a Portuguese restaurant. After seeing them we went to teach our new investigator Joey at a members home and the member made food too. I didn't partake. haha. What a day. Quatro fed!! Records have been broken with that one. But here is the Miracle of the week!!! So during the week Elder Periera and I were walking and spotted a bling man down the road and as we approached him we offered if we could walk him home. As we were walking him home we had a wonderful conversation. He told us that he is in the process of starting a radio station funded by the United Nations to help people with disabilities find work! He is a really kind man. He asked who we were and we explained that we were missionaries from a church and he then asked, "Can I come with you to church on Sunday?" So on Sunday morning we were on our way to pick him up and we realized that we would probably be late for church. As we said this a member pulled up and said, "Hey Elders can I give you a lift!?" "Well we are going to pick up a blind man, can you take him as well?" "Sure!" So we were on our way. It was such a blessing for that member to be going to church at that exact time and to help us take our friend. We ended up arriving to church early with plenty of time to introduce him to some new friends! Love you all and talk to you not next Monday but Tuesday! Monday is moves calls and I find out where I will be for the next 6 weeks! I pretty much know I am staying and that my companion is leaving so really I just have to guess who my new companion is! Fun stuff.

 Elder David



No comments:

Post a Comment