Alma 37:6-7

Alma 37:6-7
Now ye may suppose that this is foolishness in me; but behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass; and small means in many instances doth confound the wise.

And the Lord God doth work by means to bring about his great and eternal purposes; and by very small means the Lord doth confound the wise and bringeth about the salvation of many souls.


.

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

GRATITUDE!

NEWS JUST IN! I AM........ STAYING! My new companion is Elder Jensen from Utah. He was just serving with Elder Adriano up in Cambridge and now is coming down here. I am really excited for this coming transfer with him and I think we will really get along. Elder Pereira is leaving and going to London North to be the Zone Leader there. I had a good transfer with him and it just flew by! All this week I have had the subject of gratitude stuck in my head. I really have met some people who have gone through so much more than I have and still have the strongest faith in God. I will tell you about Moses. So I told you about our Blind friend Moses last week. He came to church and we saw him this last Tuesday. When we went to see him we brought the Book of Mormon in Braille! He was so excited. We taught him about the book and about the restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ. He then accepted to be baptised and preparing for the 7 of September. After the lesson he asked if we could come over everyday at 5 30 to read with him and to teach him more. We accepted and have seen him everyday since. As we have become better friends he has told us about his childhood and how he became blind. He was born in Rwanda and during the Genocide he lost his eyes and his parents at the same time. Since then he has been completely blind. He later got married and soon after had to leave Rwanda and come to London to work for his family so they could have money to survive. While working here he found out that his wife had been in a terrible accident and was killed. Later he found out that he had a daughter that was only 3 months old at the time. He was in no contact with her for 7 years because he could not go back because of the money. He found his way back and met his daughter for the first time at 8 years old. He had to leave eventually and come back to England and a tear jerking "Daddy please don't leave me." Left her lips. He said it was the hardest thing he had ever done. He speaks with his daughter often and she is doing really well in school. He then says," God has been good to me and there is no reason to be sad because I know many people who have it worst than I do. With God, everything will be taken care of." He is such a role model to me and how he is not grateful for the things he has but always grateful in his circumstances. President Uchtdorf gave a wonderful talk last general conference on this subject. Here it is! https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2014/04/grateful-in-any-circumstances?lang=eng Last night we had dinner in an even nicer home than the one I talked about before. It is the home on the same street as Simon Cowell. The home is worth over 50 million but inside is worth even more. Everything is either made of gold or silver. There was a gold bar on the desk that had "WORK" engraved on the top... haha motivation in itself. The member is the Private Chef for him in his home. He hasn't seen his boss in over a year though because he is travelling all over the world. He is from Saudi Arabia! I hope you have a good week and I will talk to you soon!

 Love, Elder David

P.S Ice Bucket Challenge
londoncount.com/ILS2.zip

 

Moses






No comments:

Post a Comment