Alma 37:6-7

Alma 37:6-7
Now ye may suppose that this is foolishness in me; but behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass; and small means in many instances doth confound the wise.

And the Lord God doth work by means to bring about his great and eternal purposes; and by very small means the Lord doth confound the wise and bringeth about the salvation of many souls.


.

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

MOVES CALLS

Yesterday we had moves calls and Elder Adriano and I had no clue what was going to happen to us. We could either stay together which would make a total of 6 months with one companion which would be insane but we would have loved it. Or one of us could have left. SO...... I am.... MOVING!! President Jordan has asked me to be his new Assistant. I will be in a Trio with Elder Anderson from Utah and Elder Torres from Brazil! I was their Zone Leader last transfer and now I am with them! I am really excited and feel extremely humbled by this opportunity to serve the missionaries in the England London Mission. I have butterflies touring in my stomach because of the nerves but am pleading with the Lord to qualify for my new responsibilities. I am in the Britannia ward in Hyde Park which is a YSA ward. So I will be teaching people only between the ages of 18-30 and yes that means tons of Chinese! I am excited to practice and learn some new phrases. I have now served in every ward in the Hyde Park building. Going to church will be like a reunion of all my past areas haha. Elder Adriano will be training a new Zone Leader. His name is Elder Mortensen and my mom already knows who this is! So that will be cool. Elder Adriano found out this week from his parents that he will be attending Utah State University to study to become a Professional Pilot! Elder Mortensen is also going there! It will be one big reunion! 

This week was great! IT SNOWED!! The first time ever since I have been in London. It was beautiful and we took pictures. I live with 3 people who live in warm climate countries so they acted like little children watching the white flakes fall from the sky. It was just precious. 

So I want to tell you about three people! 
Omoyeni: She is from Nigeria and we met her on the bus. She comes to London two times a year to buy clothes for her shop in Nigeria and then goes back. We were teaching her while she was here and the missionaries in Nigeria will continue to teach her. She Is great and loved the gospel. She said she will send photos when she is baptised there. 

Antonia: Antonia is from Angola and speaks portuguese! She is preparing to be baptised next Sunday and is the sweetest woman in the whole world. She owns her own restaurant and asks us to come eat there everyday because she doesn't trust our own cooking and we are servants of the Lord and we need to be healthy! We went to eat there today and she make some great food! She came to church on Sunday and said she has never felt the spirit like that before and loves the church. She is just the best and so I took a picture with her and will attach it after! I will send a pic when she gets baptised! 

Juan Pablo: We are teaching tons of Spanish and Portuguese people! Juan Pablo is from Columbia and is 15 years old. We were look for a woman in the ward that we have never met and were going to visit her. She wasn't home but we stopped Juan because he lived in the same flat complex. He knew her but said she moved. We then scheduled an appointment to see Juan the next day. We were not too positive if he was going to show because he is 15 but to our surprise he was waiting for us and said he was looking forward to it all day. As we taught him about the restoration his face lit up. He told us that he felt like Joseph Smith. In fact last week he was praying on which church he should join and that he was confused because there are so many. He said we are an answer to his prayers and he is preparing to be baptised in March. He reminds me a lot of Aj and Dalton. I love this Juan Pablo and he is such a humble and spiritual young man. He was so sad when we met with him tonight to tell him I was leaving. He is a huge kid for 15 and swallowed me up in his arms with a hug and said we better keep in contact. Tears were shed with Antonia and Juan.  

I love the people here and it is so sad to move on but I will remember them forever and keep in contact with these people!  I love you all too and hope you have a great week!


Juan Pablo and I 

                           

Antonia and I at her restaurant tonight
Saying goodbye to Omoyeni before going back to Nigeria

                         

                        




--
Elder Talan Haynes David
England London Mission
64-68 Princes Gate
Exhibition Road,
South Kensington
London, England SW7 2PA



No comments:

Post a Comment