Alma 37:6-7

Alma 37:6-7
Now ye may suppose that this is foolishness in me; but behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass; and small means in many instances doth confound the wise.

And the Lord God doth work by means to bring about his great and eternal purposes; and by very small means the Lord doth confound the wise and bringeth about the salvation of many souls.


.

Saturday, February 14, 2015

This is Different

I literally just spoke with you all a few days ago but a lot has changed haha. On Wedenesday we went to St. Pancras station to meet with all the missionaries and get them with their correct companions and send them off to there areas. After doing that I went to the Hyde Park Chapel for the new missionary meeting. All the new missionaries were coming and their trainers with us. We were in charge of training the trainers on how to train effectively. Loads of trains. I loved being apart of that meeting and seeing all the new missionaries. It brought me right back to when I was a new missionary and sitting in that meeting. I remember meeting Elder Hutchins for the first time(this transfer he goes home) and then taking all my luggage through the tubes to the London North flat. Laying down that night in my bed looking at the ceiling I thought to myself,"Where the heck am I?" I had no idea where I was in the world and it was the first time in my life I have felt like that. Great memories came back while at that meeting. 

The days following were some of the busiest of my mission. We were in meetings and in the office all day long with President and working through lunch and past 10 at night. We are preparing for the Mission Leadership Conference next Wednesday. I never knew and took for granted how much goes into these things. We have not had much time to go out and work. We take 30 minute "breads" to go outside and talk to people and teach them more about  Jesus Christ. You may think that is not really a break but believe me it is. My brain was pressing against my forehead when on the computer and in meetings for that long. It is great to get outside and be a missionary. 

The Lord had truly blessed us though during our sparce finding time. We are proselyting assistants so we have our own area we are responsible for. A double portion. In those short breaks we have found many great people. We stopped a man who was having a really bad day and invited him inside the chapel to see last years Easter video "Because of Him" at the end of the video we look over to see tears fill this English Rugby players eyes. We hear him bare his testimony about Christ and how he would like to strengthen his relationship. We will be seeing him next week to help him out.

It is nice to be in a trio. We can get a lot more done. We teach three different people at a time and are now able to travel more frequently throughout the mission to visit the missionaries and see how they are doing. It is a lot of fun and will share more in a week! Love you all and talk to you then.

Elder David



No comments:

Post a Comment