Alma 37:6-7

Alma 37:6-7
Now ye may suppose that this is foolishness in me; but behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass; and small means in many instances doth confound the wise.

And the Lord God doth work by means to bring about his great and eternal purposes; and by very small means the Lord doth confound the wise and bringeth about the salvation of many souls.


.

Monday, October 21, 2013

"I learn from the grass." ~Weird Woman in London

Hello once again,
This week has been a good week in London North. We also had stake conference and a few other missionary meetings. This past week we have been teaching two amazing families. One family is from Jamaica and consists of 2 parents and 6 children. Which is very unusual for London. They are great and have been interested in learning what Mormons believe. There youngest son, Joshua, begged us to make his parents come to church with us. It was so cute and helped us ask them if they would come to church. They politely declined, because they already go to a pentecostal church. We are seeing them again this coming week.
We have also been teaching this wonderful family from Ecuador. This family consists of Janeth (the mother), and her 3 children. They are so nice and have been taught by the missionaries before. We will be seeing them this next week and they will be coming to church this Sunday. Whenever we go over, she has a 5 course meal ready for us. This last time she cooked us dinner and made us apple pie and a chocolate cake. We have to be carefull to not go over too much. My suits are fitting really nice right now and I do not want that to change. Running every morning has really helped though.
Stake Conference was really great this past week. It was focused on Member Missionary Work. It was so helpful for us missionaries. Since the Conference, the ward has been willing to help us missionaries. They are starting to come teach with us. We hope that they will soon begin to invite their friends over to meet with us. I have learned that member missionary work is much more effective than knocking on doors or proselyting in town centres. If every member invited a friend to take the missionary discussions or even to come to church, this work would progress in a way that we could not comprehend. I wish I was in your shoes right now. Just to be able to have friends who would benefit from the gospel. INVITE THEM!! Just do it people.
This week we met this weird woman. Which I guess happens every week. We started talking about God and she just blurted out "I learn from the grass. It teaches me all things which I should do." From there the conversation turned for the worse. I just had to hold back form laughing. Some peoples children haha. I love London and the Crazies that we meet each week. And on the other hand we meet amazing people. Like Fredrick. Fredrick is from Kenya and is studying in University. He is really loving the Book of Mormon and has tremendous faith. I love people like him and they make going on a mission worth it.
This past Thursday we were walking home and were caught in the middle of a live show in Archway! There were dancers all of the place and people dancing on the side of a huge tower! It was so cool! It was just a random Thursday in London and all these cool things were happening around us. I have a few cool pictures and I will share them all with you.
I hope you have an amazing week. And if you vote for me all your wildest dreams will come true. Love you all.
Elder David
1. This is the people dancing on the side of this building
2. This is the Ecuadorian food that Janeth makes for us. So good. It sometimes feels like I am serving in South America.
 
 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment