Alma 37:6-7

Alma 37:6-7
Now ye may suppose that this is foolishness in me; but behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass; and small means in many instances doth confound the wise.

And the Lord God doth work by means to bring about his great and eternal purposes; and by very small means the Lord doth confound the wise and bringeth about the salvation of many souls.


.

Monday, October 7, 2013

Its A Boy!

Hello Everyone!!

So It is a Boy! I have birthed a son and his name is Elder Mitchell. My first mission son haha. He is from Jacksonville, Florida and has that deep south accent. It is so funny!

So this week has been one of my favourite weeks on my mission and it is because we had General Conference!

We went into Central London to watch conference in the Hyde Park Stake Centre. I had a few favourite talks and that really inspired me.

The first was from President Uchtdorf in the Saturday Morning. "Doubt your doubts before you doubt your faith" was the quote that really stuck out to me but really the entire talk was amazing. It talked about how crazy we are to be apart of a religion that spends 10 hours of our weekend watching talks on the Tele and how we spend 3 hours at church. We go on 2 year missions. We have home teaching. We have callings in our church that are volunteer and that no one gets paid to do. We pay a 10% tithe. We donate to the poor once a month and much more. Now who in there right mind would join such a church? No one would. Unless they knew it were true and has the fullness of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

I also loved the talk given by Elder Bednar in the Saturday morning session about tithing. Go pay your tithing haha. #

I also loved president Uchtdorfs talk he gave in priesthood about how we all have more strength than we think and that we just need to stand up now. He is an inspired man.

And of course President Monsons Sunday Morning talk. His words were beautiful and strengthened my testimony that he is a Prophet of God. I love this church. I love serving a mission. I love seeing the difference it makes.

When these talks come out in the Ensign to read, I counsel you to read them. You will receive revelation and it will bless you in your life. Just do it. I know that God loves us and wants us to reach out to our friends and family who have not tasted of the delicious fruit known as The church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Spread this Gospel. Not the increase numbers in the church. Not because I just say so. But because it will bring them happiness in this life as well in the life to come. Our purpose is to invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel of Jesus Christ, by being baptised by the authority given from God. So Go and Do. The blessings will follow.

I love all of you and hope all is well. If you could pray from Henrike, Obi, and Katerina that would be great. They are all planning on being baptised in the coming month and could use some prayers to confirm that they are making the right decision. I love you and hope you have a great rest of your week!

Elder David
 
 

Posterity Picture. From Left to Right: Elder Adriano, Elder Huthcins, Me, Elder Mitchell.
 

 
 
 
 
And the MOST BEAUTIFUL CAR EVER!
 
 

 
 







No comments:

Post a Comment