Alma 37:6-7

Alma 37:6-7
Now ye may suppose that this is foolishness in me; but behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass; and small means in many instances doth confound the wise.

And the Lord God doth work by means to bring about his great and eternal purposes; and by very small means the Lord doth confound the wise and bringeth about the salvation of many souls.


.

Monday, October 14, 2013

Oi! Meu Nome e' E'lder David. Eu nao falo porteguese muito bem.

Hey!

This week has been a pretty great week. We have been teaching this wonderful old woman from Columbia. She is the cutest old woman. As we walk into her flat, she immediately told us to sit down. She then pulled out her Mandolin and performed this little concert for us. I took a video of her so you will be able to see it when I get back. She is so amazing and loves hearing about what Mormons actually believe. Some people here really have heard some weird things about Mormons that are just not even close to being true. This one man came up to us and was quite interested about why we practice polygamy (which we don't) because he wishes we did because his wife had passed a few months prior and wishes he had a back up wife to help him through this hard time. He was quite sincere with his explanation but we had to correct him and say we don't practice polygamy. He is still meeting with us and is quite interested in our message now. He really likes that part where he can be sealed to his wife for all eternity. Earlier this week, a man approached us and asked if we drink juice. He honestly thought that Mormons do not drink juice.... Some peoples children.

Two days ago we received a referral from church headquarters in Salt Lake City. The referral said that we should contact this woman as soon as possible because she was just in Utah and loved the Visitors Center there. So Elder Mitchell and I took the hour long bus ride to the address of this woman. When we knocked on the door this big and mighty woman answered the door then immediately said "I hate religion and I don't want to hear a word of what you have to ." She then slammed the door in our face. We were quite confused because we were expecting a Chinese woman to answer, since the referral said she was from China. So we decided to knock again. She answered and before she could say anything to us I said, "Look we are not trying to convert you but rather asking if you know who this person is." She was thrown off by my direct approach and said, "no" in a quite and timid voice. We said thank you and went on our way. We were discouraged that we had taken so much time out of our night to find out it was a false address. On the bus ride home we decided we were going to bus find. Meaning that we would just sit next to random people and try to set up a time where we could see them again. On that bus ride home we set 3 new appointments and met an amazing family. God had blessed us and I am grateful that He is on our side to help us with this great and marvelous work.

Henrike is doing really well and is now planning on being baptised on the 27th of October. If you could keep her in your prayers that would be wonderful. She has already read the Book of Mormon and just finished reading Preach My Gospel. She is so smart. We have a deal that as long as I teach her the Gospel, she will teach me German. Ish vice das musik deen hileagen guyst in unzer leeben ienladen kann! I love being in London because I get to learn all of these languages. I speak Portuguese the best. I am hoping to pursue learning a language when I get back. I love being able to speak to people who are from all over the world.

I love you all and I know that life does throw us a few curves. But always remember that as you wait back and rely on the Lord, you will crush the ball out of the park. Pray often, repent always, feast on the words of Christ, and endure to the end. Then the Father shall say "Ye shall have Eternal Life." Exclamation point. Have a great week and I will talk with you all very soon.

Love,
Elder David

No comments:

Post a Comment